jittery dvd/movie playback with dvi

Old July 16th 06, 01:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TA

Default jittery dvd/movie playback with dvi

I just got a Samsung 204b flat panel. I have a 6600gt from Gigabyte. I am
using a dvi cable supplied by Samsung.

When I play dvd's or video files, I get a jittery/shimmering/sparkling/wavy
effect.

However, when I use the vga cable, everything is fine. And I have never
had this problem with my crt before.

Anyone else have this problem?

-TA
Old July 16th 06, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Is this "jitter" limited to fullscreen playback? Do you see it when the
video is playing in a window?

.196...

Old July 17th 06, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TA

"First of One" wrote in
:

Is this "jitter" limited to fullscreen playback? Do you see it when

the
video is playing in a window?

I see it either in full screen or windowed. The funny thing
is...everything else is just perfect. The screen is huge, no dead
pixels, and the colors are nice. It's just when I play movies that I
get the jittery effect. I can see it where dark meets light -- e.g.
where a man in a black suit is out in a bright place. It almost looks
like it may be from some interference...then how come everything is okay
when I hook it up using the vga cable? I've searched on the net but
couldn't really find any answers.

-TA
Old July 17th 06, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/11/...on/page20.html

What refresh rate is your monitor running at when connected with the DVI
cable? If it's 50 Hz (due to reduced blanking), the jitter you see may in
fact be "normal".

.196...

Old July 18th 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
TA

"First of One" wrote in
:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/11/...on/page20.html

What refresh rate is your monitor running at when connected with the
DVI cable? If it's 50 Hz (due to reduced blanking), the jitter you see
may in fact be "normal".

you know what...I played around with the advanced timing option for my
Nvidia card, and what do you know...everything is fixed. Movies play
with no problem...There is some jittery effect but it's barely
noticeable. Thanx for the help.

-TA