7800GS??

Old July 9th 06, 10:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

Default 7800GS??

recently my mainboard died on me so i replaced it with an equivalent spec
different brand.
Since then my graphics frame rate has really hit the dirt during gaming
almost as if i have gone down to a much less spec graphics card.

Do mainboard chipsets make much difference as this is the only different
spec between the two mainboards.

The one which died was a Gigabyte GA-8ik1100 (intel 875p chipset)

Replacement unit ASrock P4 Dual 880Pro

OR could my graphics card have gone faulty when my system crashed ??????

Gainward bliss GS7800GS 512mb AGP card.

Old July 10th 06, 06:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kent_Diego

Replacement unit ASrock P4 Dual 880Pro

Try installing the newest VIA 4 in 1 drivers.

Old July 10th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kent_Diego

"Kent_Diego" wrote in message

Replacement unit ASrock P4 Dual 880Pro

Also, do you have the latest BIOS?
http://www.asrock.com/support/downlo...al-880Pro#bios

Old July 10th 06, 10:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

I did install the latest drivers & bios but it has made no difference at
all.

either the motherboard is crap or i might have a faulty graphics card, very
bad frame rate, stuttering etc... never did this before my old motherboard
died.
o.uk...

Old July 10th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kent_Diego

I did install the latest drivers & bios but it has made no difference at
all.

either the motherboard is crap or i might have a faulty graphics card,
very bad frame rate, stuttering etc... never did this before my old
motherboard died.

Maybe there is some strange IRQ problem. Try removing any PCI cards and
disable onboard sound and LAN to see if works better to test.

Old July 11th 06, 01:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

I'm assuming you did a fresh Windows XP install upon swapping the mobo,
rather than just a repair?

A few routine things to do:

1. Ensure the AGP aperture is set to some reasonable value in BIOS (e.g. 256
MB), not too small, not too large.
2. Ensure the card indeed is functioning in AGP mode. Check using a utility
like Everest.
3. Update the BIOS, if the board doesn't already come with the latest. The
last few BIOS revisions did have video card-related changes in them.

o.uk...

Old July 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Timelord

Yes i did a fresh XP install, AGP apeture is set to 256mb & bios is the very
latest available from mobo mfrs website.
A link to this everest utility woulb be helpfull. I googled it but i'm not
sure exatly what to download.
"First of One" wrote in message
I'm assuming you did a fresh Windows XP install upon swapping the mobo,
rather than just a repair?

A few routine things to do:

1. Ensure the AGP aperture is set to some reasonable value in BIOS (e.g.
256 MB), not too small, not too large.
2. Ensure the card indeed is functioning in AGP mode. Check using a
utility like Everest.
3. Update the BIOS, if the board doesn't already come with the latest. The
last few BIOS revisions did have video card-related changes in them.

o.uk...

Old July 11th 06, 11:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Actually, I can't remember for sure if Everest Home showed AGP status (and
there's no way for me to check, with a PCIe system).

Alternative utilities are CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php and WCPUID
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html. Both are free.

. uk...