New driver NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X, I look for info.

Old March 27th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default New driver NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X, I look for info.

Hi, I use NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X and mmy driver is v.
6.6.9.3
Now I'd like to update the driver. I know there is a new driver, it is
v. 84.21
I am afraid this new driver will slow down (a little bit) the PC
performance.
Is it true?
Do you have this experience?
Thanks
Old March 27th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:32:42 +0200, Fogar wrote:

Hi, I use NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X and mmy driver is v.
6.6.9.3
Now I'd like to update the driver. I know there is a new driver, it is
v. 84.21
I am afraid this new driver will slow down (a little bit) the PC
performance.
Is it true?
Do you have this experience?
Thanks

It won't ase the whole system to slow down, but it may case
some 3D games to run a little slower than they did with the older
drivers. I have found that it usally dropped only a few FPS, or so
when I ran my old GF4 Ti4400.

Old March 28th 06, 04:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

or:
84.21_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql