7800gs agp

Old March 23rd 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7800gs agp

Just bought this card to replace a ati 9800pro. Looked up the card on
'techpoweup.com' gpu database and it has terrible specs. This made me leave
best buy and then I went home and looked up the review on Toms hardware and
it ranks pretty close to a ati850xt pe, which made me go back and buy it. I
am downloading 3D mark 2005 to check its performance Is this card a 16 pipe
card? I have the BFG version of this card with a antec video cooler next to
it. Any more room for oc'ing?

SYS Specs

3.2 P4
1gig pc3200mem
abit is7 mb
550watt ps

Old March 24th 06, 01:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

billyzoom wrote:
Just bought this card to replace a ati 9800pro. Looked up the card on
'techpoweup.com' gpu database and it has terrible specs. This made me leave
best buy and then I went home and looked up the review on Toms hardware and
it ranks pretty close to a ati850xt pe, which made me go back and buy it. I
am downloading 3D mark 2005 to check its performance Is this card a 16 pipe
card? I have the BFG version of this card with a antec video cooler next to
it. Any more room for oc'ing?

SYS Specs

3.2 P4
1gig pc3200mem
abit is7 mb
550watt ps

That site is completely stupid and biased; the 7800GS is the last and
fastest thing you'll ever find for AGP. But to use its potential, you
need a massively tweaked high end system. Watercooled P4E's and high
end Corsair RAM might do the trick. I would be more worried about
OC'ing your system to get enough throughput to the card instead of
wondering how far the card will overclock.
Old March 24th 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"deimos" wrote in message
billyzoom wrote:
[...]

3d 2005 mark of 5500

Old March 24th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Yes it's a 16-pipe card, sort of like a 6800GT on steroids. Like Deimos
said, it's the fastest AGP card available. There should be some headroom
left for overclocking. You can probably find custom BIOSes with cranked up
voltage to aid in stability, too, but that's more risky.

Old March 24th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Hi Billy,
How about posting your 3DMark03 & 06 numbers? My 9800Pro does 06 @ 680
:-( Looks as though I'm going to have to wait awhile before the 7800GS drops
below $250.

"billyzoom" wrote in message

Old March 24th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Bonjour,

billyzoom avait écrit le 24/03/2006 :

3d 2005 mark of 5500

For sure you can get more from this baby.
How is the GPU clocked ?
I got 6607 from a Leadtek on a XP3200@2300Mhz
(Actually, I got 6575@2200Mhz - stock frequency for CPU)

The frequencies for the Leadtek are 375/1200 but I always run it
@450/1300 and even 485/1400 for benchmark purposes.

You can expect 3000 on 3Dmark06. (I got 3152)

--
Alni

Old March 24th 06, 07:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"billyzoom" wrote in message
Just bought this card to replace a ati 9800pro. Looked up the card on
'techpoweup.com' gpu database and it has terrible specs. This made me
leave best buy and then I went home and looked up the review on Toms
hardware and it ranks pretty close to a ati850xt pe, which made me go back
and buy it. I am downloading 3D mark 2005 to check its performance Is this
card a 16 pipe card? I have the BFG version of this card with a antec
video cooler next to it. Any more room for oc'ing?

SYS Specs

3.2 P4
1gig pc3200mem
abit is7 mb
550watt ps

I have the BFG version of this card. Anyone know the differences between the
EVGA version and the BFG version? Should I not be able to overclock my card
to the EVGA levels as they seem to have the same cooling. If they sell at
the same price point aren't they getting the same batches of chips?

Old March 24th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"deimos" wrote in message
billyzoom wrote:
[...]

3d 2006 mark of 2914

Old March 27th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

This is a *great* card - I upgraded from a bfg 6800U. I run at 485/1.43
on stock cooler stone-cold stable. 3dmark03 with a crappy old 3.4 p4
oc'd to 210 is 15380 (full tests at default rez, not just the game
tests). A worthwhile upgrade for me.
I'm getting one of the gainward bliss 7800gs 512 agp when they hit the
street in a few weeks, I expect 17K in 3dmark03 with the same system.