OKI rebate being slow played

Old March 22nd 06, 09:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default OKI rebate being slow played

I bought an OKI C5150N color laser back in early November 2005. $50
rebate form was mailed in promptly. Form said to expect the rebate in
8-10wks.

I checked the web rebate status in January--it found it and the status
was"processing." I checked again March 1 2006 "processing" still.

Called the 877 number today, and the woman said she saw it in the
system and would put an "expedite" on it. To me, this smells like a
"we won't mail it unless folks keep notes and call back for the
status" game.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'd had good luck with
several other rebates, and this is the first one I've ever had to
suspect them playing the "maybe they'll go away" game.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Old March 22nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I meant to add that this was an end user rebate offered to Tiger
Direct, CDW, PC Connection and Insight customers only for purchase of
an OKI C5150n color laser between oct 1 2005 and Dec 31 2005.
web-rebates.com/oki is the online status checker and things are mailed
to PO Box 42971 Mesa AZ 85274-2971 if that narrows down which rebate
house is playing this game.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Do not be surprised if they lie and say something is missing.

Always say you sent it!

Lou

Arthur Entlich wrote:

Sadly, rebate fulfillment centres often advertise themselves to the
manufacturers as methods for the manufacturers to save money, because
they will actively try to eliminate as many rebate requests as possible.
Although sometimes the companies are stuck between a rock and a hard
place, because the manufacturer will greatly delay paying them so they
can pay you, some of these companies bank the rebates and only pay when
they are literally threatened with a legal challenge.

I would estimate that I have applied for over 200 rebates in the last 5
years. Although I have ultimately received every one, it was not
without many battles along the way. SOme fulfillment houses are very
bad, and take upwards of 6-8 months to get the money, and only after
some major hassles. Some are great and pay out several weeks early.

In general, I recommend the following:

1) Read the rebate form very carefully. Make sure your purchase is made
within the rebate period, that you are sending it before the cut off
date and that you have sent all the materials they require.

2) Make sure you send it to the correct address on the form, sometimes
they provide several but only one is for the rebate.

3) Scan or photocopy everything you send them and keep it in a folder in
order of when the rebates are due, and the amount due. I actually write
down the dates the rebates is due, and if it doesn't show by 2 weeks
after the latest date they mention, I get back in touch with them via
email or phone. They usually provide a toll free number to contact them.

4) If you need to call, refer back to the copies you made to provide
them with exact details, and get the name of the person you spoke with
and keep notes of what transpired and who you spoke to and the date.

5) If you get no satisfaction from the fulfillment company, go back to
the retailer and show them the paperwork and ask them to provide the
refund. Depending on where you live, consumer law may require the
retailer to provide the rebate if the fulfillment company doesn't come
through.

If you get no satisfaction from either, you can usually report the
company to the Postal Fraud division of the Post Office, and depending
upon your state or provincial or other law, you may be able to get an
Attorney General involved.

Art