Failing AMD?

Old January 9th 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Failing AMD?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard this problem and does it mean
mychip is going?

I have had many problems with my system shutting down, randomly, I
pulled each piece of device and ran my system, and it still shut down,
I thought it may have been my DIMM slot, but it seems to be (99.9%)
certain, is my CPU.

I lowered it from 1.6 (which is my actual chip speed) in my Bios to run
at 1.3 and it runs great! and more smooth, does this mean my CPU is
going? is this a common problem?

Any Help would be appreciated

Thank You
MoxieMouse

Old January 9th 06, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

MoxieMouse wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has heard this problem and does it mean
mychip is going?

I have had many problems with my system shutting down, randomly, I
pulled each piece of device and ran my system, and it still shut down,
I thought it may have been my DIMM slot, but it seems to be (99.9%)
certain, is my CPU.

I lowered it from 1.6 (which is my actual chip speed) in my Bios to run
at 1.3 and it runs great! and more smooth, does this mean my CPU is
going? is this a common problem?

Check to see if your heatsink is seated properly. Also install a
temperature monitor program, such as Motherboard Monitor in your startup.

Yousuf Khan

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 10th 06, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Yousuf Khan wrote:

MoxieMouse wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has heard this problem and does it
mean mychip is going?

I have had many problems with my system shutting down, randomly, I
pulled each piece of device and ran my system, and it still shut
down, I thought it may have been my DIMM slot, but it seems to be
(99.9%) certain, is my CPU.

I lowered it from 1.6 (which is my actual chip speed) in my Bios to
run at 1.3 and it runs great! and more smooth, does this mean my
CPU is going? is this a common problem?

Check to see if your heatsink is seated properly. Also install a
temperature monitor program, such as Motherboard Monitor in your
startup.

Yousuf Khan

http://www.usenet.com

Thanks for the info, I have monitored the chip and it seems to have
jumped 10 degree's in a matter of 5-10 min..when I start using
applications, is this normal? Temp is 132 Degrees F

Thanks
Rob

Old January 10th 06, 05:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

MoxieMouse wrote:
Thanks for the info, I have monitored the chip and it seems to have
jumped 10 degree's in a matter of 5-10 min..when I start using
applications, is this normal? Temp is 132 Degrees F

132F is 55C, so it seems reasonable. As for going up by 10 degs in 5 to
10 minutes, that also seems normal, but of course it depends on programs
that you're running.

Yousuf Khan

--
Everybody was flying across the sky, Superman was out of town
Old January 10th 06, 03:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

MoxieMouse wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has heard this problem and does it mean
mychip is going?

I have had many problems with my system shutting down, randomly, I
pulled each piece of device and ran my system, and it still shut down,
I thought it may have been my DIMM slot, but it seems to be (99.9%)
certain, is my CPU.

I lowered it from 1.6 (which is my actual chip speed) in my Bios to run
at 1.3 and it runs great! and more smooth, does this mean my CPU is
going? is this a common problem?

Any Help would be appreciated

Thank You
MoxieMouse

Swap out a different power supply and see if the problems end.......
Old January 11th 06, 05:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Mark Liermann wrote:

MoxieMouse wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone has heard this problem and does it
mean mychip is going?

I have had many problems with my system shutting down, randomly, I
pulled each piece of device and ran my system, and it still shut
down, I thought it may have been my DIMM slot, but it seems to be
(99.9%) certain, is my CPU.

I lowered it from 1.6 (which is my actual chip speed) in my Bios to
run at 1.3 and it runs great! and more smooth, does this mean my
CPU is going? is this a common problem?

Any Help would be appreciated

Thank You
MoxieMouse

Swap out a different power supply and see if the problems end.......

Thanks Mark, I actually tried that as well, when I thought it was a
Power Supply Problem, but to me it seemed abnormal of my temp. I am not
sure what a normal temp is for a 1.6AMD, I was just hoping it wasn't my
CPU, does anyone have any good recomendations on an Excellent cooling
Fan? seeing as how I have 3 aimed at it now and one right on the CPU
Heatsink, temp right now says 107F, with these added fans, just not in
a good spot and my case is opened..

Thanks Once Again...

Rob