nvidia stereo display on 6600 disappointing

Old January 1st 06, 09:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default nvidia stereo display on 6600 disappointing

I have recently upgraded from a 5950 to a 6600GT 256MB from Xpert Vision.

I am disappointed with the resulting stereo view: the display shows a
vibration every second or so, it is so annoying that the stereo option is
actually too unpleasant and therefore unusable. My 5950 ran much more
stable.

I have tried to toggle both antialiasing and Vsync on/off but the problem
stays. I have used the Norton Utilities to check my system for other system
problems but to no help: the display deficiencies keep showing in 3D games
like AoE III or quake and also in the NVidia test image and test
application.

If I turn off the stereo, the image is perfect: it's directly related to
turnng stereo imaging on.

I am running WinXP on a ASUS P4P800 mobo with a 3GHz Pentium, drivers used
are 78.01 (both driver and stereo addon), stereo view using Elsa Revelator
glasses. This is the setup which worked nicely with my previous 5950 card
before.

Many thanks for suggestions or sharing experience, beforehand.