WHQL 81.85 drivers out yesterday.....

Old October 23rd 05, 03:23 PM
De Moni

Default WHQL 81.85 drivers out yesterday.....

JRS wrote:
Just noticed that nVidia released the new WHQL 81.85 drivers out on their
website yesterday. Oct 20th.

Craaaappp. I'll stop wasting my time to official driver releases from
now on if I'll have to tweak like hell to get them work like I want.
With these craaaappp drivers my monitor went blank now and then, plus
BF2 turned unstable. So no reason for me to use these.

Old October 24th 05, 07:53 AM
GeneAum

Yes he does. I've used Nvidia drivers for many years - this new
version caused my system to have no video (after Win started and the
driver was loaded of course) on both VGA and DVI to my panel. Through
alot of effort I got things working again and reverted back to the
previous driver version.

GeneAum

Old October 24th 05, 09:58 AM
edde

Hmmm, there is always one idiot like Charlie in these forums. I like how
Charlie backs up her statement. I think Charlie should take her meds soon.

Do a search for 81.85, crt, and nvidia direct access.
You will find that NGO purposely removed the Nvidia Direct Access part of
these new drivers because they cause problems with CRT's.
There already have been a few posts here in addition to mine with people
having trouble with these drivers and CRT monitors (usually blanking out
when accessing the control panel).

Old October 24th 05, 12:56 PM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, edde ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

The 81.85's are causing all sorts of problems with CRT monitors.

installed the drivers last night, no problems. I have two CRT's connected
to the 6800GT.

Old October 24th 05, 03:40 PM
Charlie

Installed them here yesterday on 3 PC's. 2 with 6600GT's and 1 with 6800GT
all with crt's and all 3 play fine with no issues.

I did note in Star Wars battlefront the mouse action is correct now in being
able to slide scroll bars....

I upped from 78.01 so there!!

--

Charlie

Old October 24th 05, 05:18 PM
McGrandpa

"De Moni" wrote in message
JRS wrote:
Just noticed that nVidia released the new WHQL 81.85 drivers out on
their
website yesterday. Oct 20th.

Craaaappp. I'll stop wasting my time to official driver releases from now
on if I'll have to tweak like hell to get them work like I want. With
these craaaappp drivers my monitor went blank now and then, plus BF2
turned unstable. So no reason for me to use these.

I'm using a pair of SyncMaster 930B's, not having any problems with the
LCD's. I AM having a problem with one brand of graphics application
executing, running in processes, but not displaying on screen or the
taskbar. Paint Shop Pro 9 and X.
McG.

Old October 25th 05, 03:13 PM
Quietman

They work fine with my CRT just like the previous ones...

"De Moni" wrote in message
JRS wrote:
Just noticed that nVidia released the new WHQL 81.85 drivers out on
their
website yesterday. Oct 20th.

Craaaappp. I'll stop wasting my time to official driver releases from
now on if I'll have to tweak like hell to get them work like I want.
With these craaaappp drivers my monitor went blank now and then, plus
BF2 turned unstable. So no reason for me to use these.

Asus V8420 v29.4x drivers for WinXP won't work Paul Nvidia Videocards 1 November 5th 04 04:29 PM
WHQL drivers MartinKnud Nvidia Videocards 8 October 19th 04 06:41 PM
P4P800 lack of WHQL drivers GMAN Asus Motherboards 1 April 13th 04 06:57 AM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
Crappy Performance Results and Can't update drivers Andre Southgate Ati Videocards 4 August 18th 03 12:20 PM