High Resolution Paper?

Old July 6th 05, 03:23 PM
ER

Default High Resolution Paper?

I have been trying different photo paper in my Lexmark 4800x1200 dpi printer
and getting different results. Some glossy paper seems to allow the print
dots to run together and make splotches of ink instead of tiny dithered
dots. On some paper the ink dries almost instantly while on others it takes
hours. What is the real deal on different photo papers? What is best for
high resolution?

ER

Old July 6th 05, 04:39 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

What is best for high resolution?

Another printer made by a manufacturer that isn't Lexmark.

Old July 6th 05, 04:56 PM
ER

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
What is best for high resolution?

Another printer made by a manufacturer that isn't Lexmark.

I used to own a lower resolution Canon printer and it did the same thing
with different papers. Is there a site that discussed the pros and cons of
different papers?

ER

Old July 6th 05, 05:10 PM
Taliesyn

ER wrote:
I have been trying different photo paper in my Lexmark 4800x1200 dpi printer
and getting different results. Some glossy paper seems to allow the print
dots to run together and make splotches of ink instead of tiny dithered
dots. On some paper the ink dries almost instantly while on others it takes
hours. What is the real deal on different photo papers? What is best for
high resolution?

ER

I found my previous Lexmark Z55 worked very well with Epson Glossy Photo
Paper and all the high resolution coated papers I used. But stay away
from IBM Glossy Photo Paper. I find it totally useless with ALL printers!

I didn't use the Lexmark for digital photos as I didn't have a camera
then. I used it for CD liners, greeting cards and booklet cover, using
the aforementioned Epson Glossy Photo Paper. The results were always
very good to excellent. Unfortunately, this paper doesn't have "the look
and feel" of traditional film photo paper so I still limit its use to that
field.

I imagine Costco's Kirkland brand photo paper (high gloss, hard shell,
instant dry) should work as well. Looking at the paper instruction sheet
for it... for Lexmark P & Z series it says:

Media Type: Glossy / Photo Paper
Quality: Best
Color: Defaults.

-Taliesyn
Old July 7th 05, 02:42 AM
Bernie

On 7/6/2005 9:23 AM, ER wrote:
I have been trying different photo paper in my Lexmark 4800x1200 dpi printer
and getting different results. Some glossy paper seems to allow the print
dots to run together and make splotches of ink instead of tiny dithered
dots. On some paper the ink dries almost instantly while on others it takes
hours. What is the real deal on different photo papers? What is best for
high resolution?

ER

As you're discovering, there isn't one answer. Printer manufacturers
use inks with different characteristics and match them with their paper.
Other papers may produce good results, but you have to ask the
question with respect to a specific brand of printer.

When I had a Lexmark Z55 I found that it worked well with Kodak gloss
paper and with Epson matte paper, and some others. The Kodak paper does
not work well at all with my Canon printer, but the Canon paper produces
excellent results.

Bernie
Old July 7th 05, 03:55 PM
Shooter

Is it true that measekite and you are an item.

Old July 7th 05, 05:41 PM
measekite

Shooter wrote:

Is it true that measekite and you are an item.

She gives good head.

Old July 7th 05, 11:45 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Is it true that you're a moronic ****wit?

Old July 8th 05, 03:16 AM
measekite

Shooter wrote:

Is it true that measekite and you are an item.

Is it true that you're a moronic ****wit?

Is it true that you are an ugly deutchbag.

Old July 8th 05, 02:54 PM
Shooter

No, but I see your are ****wit of the month on ****wit.com well done