Some help with a hd configuration...8KNXP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 8th 04, 02:30 AM
MTech

Default Some help with a hd configuration...8KNXP

Man I keep reading the manual and all it does is make me more confused. I
just got a WD raptor HD I'd like to run on my 8KNXP. There's so much
conflicting advice out there I thought you masters could straighten me out.

This will be my ONLY HD on the system..can I use it to boot? Should I
connect it to the ICH5R or the SIL3112? I'd just like to take advantage of
a sata drive at this time and maybe move onto a raid configuration
later...hence, the single drive.

Thanks
Don