mem errors

Old August 6th 03, 11:23 AM
NewB

Default mem errors

ok.. moving right along.

I installed the amd 2500+ with 2 256mb of ddr 2700 dimms and set bios
to run at stock - 166 [333fsb] with 11x so cpu runs at 1837mhz.

Then i decided to run the memtest86 v3.0 mentioned elsewhere here, ...
blech.. last time i looked it had detected nearly a thousand errors,
all in test 6 and 10. I saw a note in the readme that athlon users
had been reporting lots of errors in tests 5 and 8, where i got none
[or was this from a previous version with fewer tests?]

I supposedly got "high quality" samsung memory I think.

I will slow it down and retest, tho the author of memtest86 indicates
that the tests might not indicate bad mem but maybe cpu or mobo
issues. :\

anyone find similar results in a mem stress test?
Old August 6th 03, 11:56 AM
Nitza666

especially test 5 indicates memory errors,you didnt overclock the cpu it
runs at stock speed.....
I run memtest86 for hours and i dont get a single error and i use an 1800+
Tbred B at 2308MHz real speed at 210MHz (420 FSB) with no errors at
all.Relax memory timings go to 2.6VDimm....

Old August 6th 03, 10:10 PM
Flow

You should run your mem at the specs it's supposed to run.
If because of heat they fail(i had this too when summer arrived)you need to
replace them if just bought.
If they are old sticks then you could reduce your timings yes,but i had to
set mem at 266(pc2100).
That really sucks so i bought corsair and they run very stable at the
highest settings in bios..