Has anyone installed IE8?

Old March 22nd 09, 03:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default Has anyone installed IE8?

Just wondering if any positive or negative reactions, and do I need to
uninstall IE7 before installing 8? Thanks
Old March 22nd 09, 05:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
William

wrote in message
Just wondering if any positive or negative reactions, and do I need to
uninstall IE7 before installing 8? Thanks

I've installed it the day it came out. No you don't need to uninstall IE7.
The only thing I didn't like is a large list of add-ons you have to go
through and decide if you want then on or off. I didn't want to spend the
time and just turned them all off for now. I plan to later take some time
and go through the browser.

I installed IE8 to keep up with what's new from MS. Unfortunately for MS, I
really don't care much for IE. I use Firefox due to the add-blocker and
script-blocker. I have long ago appreciated not having a page that is
jumping and blinking when I am viewing it. Not having a slew of adds and
worthless visual candy is nice. You just can't do that with IE.

William

Old March 22nd 09, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

"William" wrote in message acquisition...

wrote in message
Just wondering if any positive or negative reactions, and do I need to
uninstall IE7 before installing 8? Thanks

I've installed it the day it came out. No you don't need to uninstall IE7.
The only thing I didn't like is a large list of add-ons you have to go
through and decide if you want then on or off. I didn't want to spend the
time and just turned them all off for now. I plan to later take some time
and go through the browser.

I installed IE8 to keep up with what's new from MS. Unfortunately for MS, I
really don't care much for IE. I use Firefox due to the add-blocker and
script-blocker. I have long ago appreciated not having a page that is
jumping and blinking when I am viewing it. Not having a slew of adds and
worthless visual candy is nice. You just can't do that with IE.

Sure you can. In fact one can have near infinite control over any
web browser by using a proxy server. I use Proxomitron with IE.
Although it's no longer being developed, it's still the best IMO.

Old March 25th 09, 07:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John Crawford

Yes I have and it seems to be working ok so far. They stole some features
from Opera

--
John Crawford

Edmonton Alberta