Best Value Motherboard for E6600

Old October 13th 09, 07:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Phat_Jethro aka Jethro[AGHL]

Default Best Value Motherboard for E6600

I have been upgrading my PC and collecting parts to build a better
system for my son.
So far I got my older E6600 and will get some 2 x 1Gb DDR2 PC2-6400 ram.
What would be a good board for a system. Nothing fancy as it's not for
overclocking or SLI.

P5QL\EPU? P5P43TD-Pro?

Thoughts?

Thx
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Jethro
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 13th 09, 09:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
peter

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...=GA-EP45T-UD3P

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

Old October 13th 09, 11:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Barry Watzman

Try an ECS G31T-M. A very good low end basic motherboard. I think it's
been discontinued (replaced by a later board, actually) but you can
probably still find them. Under $50 brand new. These are decent boards
with Intel chipsets.

Old October 14th 09, 01:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Phat_Jethro aka Jethro[AGHL]

peter wrote:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/...=GA-EP45T-UD3P

peter

Maybe I should have clarified I'm looking for an Asus board. And that
Gigabyte board goes for over $150 at my local shop.

Old October 14th 09, 01:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Phat_Jethro aka Jethro[AGHL]

I was looking for something in an Asus board and I don't want to go to
cheap. Also I will not buy a ECS board after a few bad experiences with
them. They hit my "Never buy again" list. :-\

Old October 14th 09, 08:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Michael W. Ryder

Phat_Jethro aka Jethro[AGHL] wrote:
I have been upgrading my PC and collecting parts to build a better
system for my son.
So far I got my older E6600 and will get some 2 x 1Gb DDR2 PC2-6400 ram.
What would be a good board for a system. Nothing fancy as it's not for
overclocking or SLI.

P5QL\EPU? P5P43TD-Pro?

Thoughts?

Thx

I have a P5Q Pro Turbo and it seems to work fine. A nice feature is
being able to support up to 16 GB of memory. It is a little hard to get
1066 Mhz memory working but 2GB Crucial memory works fine at the rated
speed and Auto settings. It worked fine with G.Skill 1GB memory with
Auto settings at 1066 MHz but wouldn't work with 2GB memory from the
same company with Auto settings.