overclocking 9500 pro

Old June 12th 04, 10:40 AM
Sleepy

Default overclocking 9500 pro

Im getting a OEM 9500 pro and would like to overclock
it a touch. Do I need to flash the bios or can I just use a program like
Radlinker ?
TIA
Ben

Old June 12th 04, 05:51 PM
Dark Avenger

"Sleepy" wrote in FcAyc.2278$_s6.21103856@news-
text.cableinet.net:

Im getting a OEM 9500 pro and would like to overclock
it a touch. Do I need to flash the bios or can I just use a program like
Radlinker ?
TIA
Ben

The 9500 Pro already has 8 pipelines enable so you don't need to do any work
on it, and my 9500 Pro could easily be overclocked!

I even got to 9700 Pro levels, but ... with only 128bits memory bus it's not
much forward.oh well!

Old June 16th 04, 07:59 AM
Glenn Fitzpatrick

"Sleepy" wrote in message ...
Im getting a OEM 9500 pro and would like to overclock
it a touch. Do I need to flash the bios or can I just use a program like
Radlinker ?
TIA
Ben

If its a gen-u-ine ATI product you will probably have to flash the
bios to unlock it.
Old June 16th 04, 08:24 AM
Sleepy

"Glenn Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
"Sleepy" wrote in message

Im getting a OEM 9500 pro and would like to overclock
it a touch. Do I need to flash the bios or can I just use a program like
Radlinker ?
TIA
Ben

If its a gen-u-ine ATI product you will probably have to flash the
bios to unlock it.

Thats what I was afraid of. Ive flashed a Voodoo3 and a Geforce 2
successfully but I bios flashed a Sapphire 9100
last year and that went wrong so Im wary of flashing another ATI card.