RAM PRICES

Old August 2nd 03, 03:55 PM
rochyy

Default RAM PRICES

Ok can someone please explain to me why we seem to have a few months of
stable ram prices then its starts to go up on a daily basis to silly prices?

For a 512mb pc2700 chip its gone from £35.00 to now £60-£65. Also Last
December you were lucky if you got a 512mb chip for under £100 ..

Ive just had to fork out for 20 x 256mb pc2700 chips incase the price keeps
increasing and I have to put my system prices up to high.

I hate ram!

Old August 2nd 03, 06:21 PM
spodosaurus

BigJIm wrote:
kids going back to school it happens ever year.

RAM is a global commodity; not all school years are aligned.

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

Old August 3rd 03, 01:02 AM
Bob Davis

"BigJIm" wrote in message
et...

I hate ram!

Kinda like women: You can't live with them, but can't live without them.

(Or is it "...can't live with them and can live without them." Always got
confused on that.)

Old August 3rd 03, 01:21 AM
Jingleheimer

rochyy wrote:
Ok can someone please explain to me why we seem to have a few months of
stable ram prices then its starts to go up on a daily basis to silly prices?

For a 512mb pc2700 chip its gone from £35.00 to now £60-£65. Also Last
December you were lucky if you got a 512mb chip for under £100 ..

Ive just had to fork out for 20 x 256mb pc2700 chips incase the price keeps
increasing and I have to put my system prices up to high.

I hate ram!

Maybe we need a RAM-chip futures market on the Chicago Board of Trade so
system builders could hedge and keep their prices predictable. Probably
contracts should mature every week since RAM has a shorter shelf life
than something like wheat.

Old August 3rd 03, 03:28 AM
Phisherman

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 15:55:20 +0100, "rochyy"
wrote:

Ok can someone please explain to me why we seem to have a few months of
stable ram prices then its starts to go up on a daily basis to silly prices?

For a 512mb pc2700 chip its gone from £35.00 to now £60-£65. Also Last
December you were lucky if you got a 512mb chip for under £100 ..

Ive just had to fork out for 20 x 256mb pc2700 chips incase the price keeps
increasing and I have to put my system prices up to high.

I hate ram!

Like the stock market, RAM prices are unstable. It's very much supply
and demand. If prices are too high, wait 2-3 months.
Old August 3rd 03, 11:25 AM
Christopher

wrote:

Ok can someone please explain to me why we seem to have a few months of
stable ram prices then its starts to go up on a daily basis to silly prices?

For a 512mb pc2700 chip its gone from £35.00 to now £60-£65. Also Last
December you were lucky if you got a 512mb chip for under £100 ..

Ive just had to fork out for 20 x 256mb pc2700 chips incase the price keeps
increasing and I have to put my system prices up to high.

The economys loose demand for ram down go the prices, then have a
demand for ram, not enough around for it, up go the prices. Nature of
the beast Im afraid.

I hate ram!

But your PC loves it. ;-)

Christopher
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"There's a light at the end
of the tunnel" says the optimist.
"It's probably a train coming
stright at us" responds the pessimist.

Old August 4th 03, 12:29 PM
Dwl140

I've been tracking RAM prices and they did jump, just when an article said they
would be going up. Strangely, PC133 is as high as newer techs. Must be
foundry output has been lowered.

OfficeMax has PC2700 256 for 19.99 after rebates, this week.

Wayne

DDR RAM Prices bwd234 General 6 September 17th 04 08:07 AM
New tech gear at less than used prices nospam General 0 March 25th 04 12:54 AM
UK prices for secondhand parts? Dr Zoidberg General 1 March 14th 04 03:22 PM
AMD Barton 2500 prices [email protected] General 1 January 2nd 04 01:15 PM
AMD slashes prices upto 40% Jerry McBride Overclocking AMD Processors 1 December 9th 03 04:46 AM