Are TFT prices going up?

Old October 20th 05, 10:24 AM

Default Are TFT prices going up?

I've been sort of half looking for a 17" TFT for a while, or even two.
A couple of months ago prices were nudging the £100 mark with several
around the £110 area.

I've just looked again and there doesn't seem to be anything down at
that price level. Am I looking in the wrong places or have prices
gone up a little?

--
Chris Green

Old October 20th 05, 10:52 AM
Mike

wrote in message ...
I've been sort of half looking for a 17" TFT for a while, or even two.
A couple of months ago prices were nudging the £100 mark with several
around the £110 area.

I've just looked again and there doesn't seem to be anything down at
that price level. Am I looking in the wrong places or have prices
gone up a little?

--
Chris Green

prices will drop thats the nature of IT, the drop in the us dollar may be
affecting prices slightly currently.

Old October 20th 05, 11:11 AM

Mike wrote:

wrote in message ...
I've been sort of half looking for a 17" TFT for a while, or even two.
A couple of months ago prices were nudging the ?100 mark with several
around the ?110 area.

I've just looked again and there doesn't seem to be anything down at
that price level. Am I looking in the wrong places or have prices
gone up a little?

--
Chris Green

prices will drop thats the nature of IT, the drop in the us dollar may be
affecting prices slightly currently.

So what on earth has that 'answer' got to do with my question?

I asked if prices have gone up, you answer they will go down! Hmmmm.

--
Chris Green

Old October 20th 05, 11:41 AM
Mike

wrote in message ...
Mike wrote:

wrote in message
I've been sort of half looking for a 17" TFT for a while, or even two.
A couple of months ago prices were nudging the ?100 mark with several
around the ?110 area.

I've just looked again and there doesn't seem to be anything down at
that price level. Am I looking in the wrong places or have prices
gone up a little?

--
Chris Green

prices will drop thats the nature of IT, the drop in the us dollar may
be
affecting prices slightly currently.

So what on earth has that 'answer' got to do with my question?

I asked if prices have gone up, you answer they will go down! Hmmmm.

--
Chris Green

Use your common sense.
Yes all TFT's from every manufacturer have gone up by about £10. Are you
stupid.

To answer your question then: Answer: NO. I'm sure that really helps
you.

Old October 20th 05, 01:05 PM

Mike wrote:

wrote in message ...
Mike wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Yes it does actually, that's why I asked the question. It means
there's no point in searching harder as prices really have gone up a
bit.

--
Chris Green

Old October 20th 05, 03:22 PM
Tony

wrote in message ...
Mike wrote:

wrote in message
Mike wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Its that time of year when manufacturers will start thinking that people
will be buying such things for Christmas presents!! Wait for the sales in
late December when they have stock left they want to get rid of and the
January sales.