looking for used laptop with long battery life

Old August 7th 03, 03:45 PM
Phil Schuman

Default looking for used laptop with long battery life

I'm looking for a new laptop - probably used for a year or two -
I need something with a longer battery life than 2 hrs,
and also retains it's charge while sitting on the shelf -
I've found the various Toshiba laptops we have
loose their charge just sitting around -

Any specific models to look for over on eBay ?

We have several older laptops around the house for software testing.
Toshiba 410 - Linux RH 6.2
Toshiba 430 - Win95b
Toshiba 4015 - Win98se
Toshiba 2755 - WinXP
IBM Thinkpad 600e - NT 4.0 server
Fujitsu Lifebook E330 - NT 4.0 workstation

All the Toshiba's have terrible battery shelf life -
--
I'd like to dump the Toshiba laptops I have,
and get another used one over on eBay

Any suggestions for a well supported older model laptop
that has all the usual built-in hardware & SUPPORT from the mfg -
without all the frilly stuff, and glitter buttons -

Phil -

Laptop Battery Problem no-spam-please General 1 August 4th 04 02:39 PM
Laptop Battery Problems Shannon L General 2 February 22nd 04 08:58 AM
Laptop DVD Rom - DVD Media Compatibility +/- ? Rob Jones General 0 November 30th 03 11:13 AM
Laptop battery Shannon L General 1 November 20th 03 04:13 AM
advice one laptop or handheld dan braithwaite General 10 July 23rd 03 07:25 PM