power dvd tv out not workin

Old July 17th 03, 02:06 PM
Alan

Default power dvd tv out not workin

YOur card probably has one of the tv-out chipsets that does not respect
the macrovision signal like
it is supposed to. All nVidia drivers beyond 40.72 disable playback of mv

protected material on the
cards with the faulty tv-out chipsets. Go back to 40.72 or earlier. Oh,

yeah, what the heck do you
the s-video out is, its a tv-out!
--
Biz

tv out and svideo are different
they use different plugs and i believe that tv out probably outputs audio
too?

but ill have to try getting 40.72 drivers i have them somewhere...

thanks for the advice
alan

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

"Alan" wrote in message

power dvd keeps saying every time i try and play a dvd that the tv

out
on my card is not workin properly... and it says something about

copyrighted
dvds...
im using windows 2kpro and if it matters i just installed the 44:03
drivers...
the windows install is only a few days old and i installed those drivers
because they were to hand...
a few things i have to say...
1. my graphics card doesnt even HAVE a tvout it has a svideo which i

used
for playing dvds fine with older drivers...
2. this never happened before... i used to use 30.82 drivers but i

believe i
have had dvd working fine before with these newer better drivers...
3. in case you didnt already gather im using powerdvd (i did say already
lol)

id like to know if theres anything i can do to get my dvds to go

again...

any ideas how i can fix it??
all help apreciated thanks

alan

Old July 17th 03, 06:11 PM
Alan

now im using 40.72 drivers and power dvd's software decoding now works...
but it does not work properly with my k6 processor... for smooth playback i
need to use hardware acceleration which now causes powerdvd to stop
responding...

any ideas?
if it matters my system is as follows... btw it plays dvds smoothly when
using hardware acceleration
amd k62 500
256mb pc100 ram
geforce 4 mx 440se pci
20 gig hdd
compaq 32x10 dvd drive

alan

Old July 17th 03, 06:50 PM
Biz

Alan, tv-out is just that, tv-out, it is not connection type specific. tv outs can be s-video,
composite, component, scart, RG-58/59, etc....
--
Biz

Old July 18th 03, 06:39 PM
... et al.

Biz wrote:

YOur card probably has one of the tv-out chipsets that does not respect
the macrovision signal like it is supposed to. All nVidia drivers beyond
40.72 disable playback of mv protected material on the cards with the
faulty tv-out chipsets. Go back to 40.72 or earlier.

To be politically correct maybe, but i don't agree with your terminology
Biz ;-)

Hardware reference designs made by Nvidia;
Software reference drivers made by Nvidia.

If the hardware works fine with earlier driver versions, i wouldn't call
the hardware/chipsets faulty.
If the hardware doesn't work with later driver versions, i'd argue that
a bug has been introduced in the drivers after version 40.72.

Of course Microvision is the root of this particular evil, imparing
users ability to see what they want, where they want to see it, on their
own hardware. :-(

Personally, i view all software and hardware that produces faulty
pictures due to obeying some ****ed-up signal/code faulty, just like i
view all DVD players that can't play all DVD's due to obeying some
****ed-up region-code signal/code faulty.
I read somewhere that the latter view was the official view in New
Zeeland. I hope they still keep that condition up, and that other
jurisdictions follow suit. (go NZ, go :-))

--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Dead computer? Patty Homebuilt PC's 63 February 4th 05 08:06 AM
power on /reset switch problems chris Homebuilt PC's 5 January 4th 05 02:52 PM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 01:47 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking AMD Processors 326 November 27th 03 07:54 PM