ASUS CUBX and CPU

Old December 15th 04, 02:33 PM
DIOS

Default ASUS CUBX and CPU

I am so confused as to what to buy for this motherboard.
Ive read on the ASUS site that the motherboard can support
up to a P3 1GHZ and a Celeron 1.1GHZ. What I dont understand
is what model to buy. If I look on eBay the processors
usually have a code name like Coppermine or Malay and also
a CPU code like SL52R. From what I can tell, I can use any
of the Coppermines for this motherboard but what should I look
for as far as specs so that the CPU will be compatible.
For example here is one

sSpec Number SL52R
Processor Frequency 1.00 GHz CPUID String 068A
Package Type 370 pin PPGA Core Voltage 1.750
Bus Speed 133 MHz Thermal Guideline 29.0W
Core Stepping cD0 Thermal Spec 75°C
L2 Cache Size 256 KB Manufacturing Technology 0.18 micron
L2 Cache Speed 1.00 GHz Bus/Core Ratio 7.5

Old December 15th 04, 05:08 PM
FoggyBottom

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:33:15 GMT, "DIOS"
wrote:

Processor Frequency 1.00 GHz CPUID String 068A
Package Type 370 pin PPGA Core Voltage 1.750
Bus Speed 133 MHz Thermal Guideline 29.0W

I have that processor on a CUBX. Works fine. Watch your BIOS options
to make sure it's running at the right speed -- i.e. if it first boots
showing that it's a 750MHz processor, you have to adjust the FSB speed
to 133MHz manually.

Old December 16th 04, 09:39 AM
JK (at mail dot dk)

wrote:

I am so confused as to what to buy for this motherboard.
Ive read on the ASUS site that the motherboard can support
up to a P3 1GHZ and a Celeron 1.1GHZ. What I dont understand
is what model to buy. If I look on eBay the processors
usually have a code name like Coppermine or Malay and also
a CPU code like SL52R. From what I can tell, I can use any
of the Coppermines for this motherboard but what should I look
for as far as specs so that the CPU will be compatible.
For example here is one

sSpec Number SL52R
Processor Frequency 1.00 GHz CPUID String 068A
Package Type 370 pin PPGA Core Voltage 1.750
Bus Speed 133 MHz Thermal Guideline 29.0W
Core Stepping cD0 Thermal Spec 75°C
L2 Cache Size 256 KB Manufacturing Technology 0.18 micron
L2 Cache Speed 1.00 GHz Bus/Core Ratio 7.5

The beta bios's here are the best

ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...t/i440BX/CUBX/

they support even tualatins, if you buy the 370GU adapter from
upgradeware.com

(or make the socket modifications yourself)

best regards

John