250 watt and ATX 2.1 needed to kep xp 2000 board running ?

Old May 31st 04, 02:38 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Default 250 watt and ATX 2.1 needed to kep xp 2000 board running ?

Does not have jumpers, not even a Cmos reset that iam aware of, it
sbeen too long i have it for a year dont think they would take it
back, dont have the reciept anyway :-0

On Mon, 31 May 2004 06:43:55 GMT, jaster wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2004 07:18:12 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
while doing time wrote:

Nahh its a bad board, ploked in a new PSU and still the same thing its
never worked since i got it, should have taken it back but never did

Its just a cheap peice of **** board i needed but didn't.

Its got no Cmos clearing jumpers ive tried taking hte battery out no
luck.

Just tried it now no bios info comes up, iam maybe thinking the Xp
2000 iam trying to boot with is not compatible with the board and
maybeif i used a 1.4,ect 1.2 lower it would work and let me atleast
setup and update the mobo bios so my xp 2000 can work.

Should it be able to boot with an xp 2000 ?

You should always be able to boot to bios splash screen and long before
the OS boots. Did you remove or set the jumpers correctly? Some boards
ship in with a reset jumper in factory position and on one board the
connections were labeled incorrectly. If you've checked the wiring,
jumpers, tried it with 2 different working psu then it might be time to
take it back and ask for a replacement.

Its a Gigabyte ga-7vtxe+ if that helps any.

On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:39:09 GMT, "Phil Weldon"
wrote:

Or even more likely, a poorly inserted connector or module, intermittently
bad cable or connector, or short somewhere between the motherboard and the
chassis. All are much more likely than a bad power supply or bad
motherboard in any system that gets fiddled with alot. The "larger power
supply advice" is completly bogus, as you stated that a bare bones system
would not even post. You might eventually need a larger power supply, but
certainly not based on the information you gave.