Corsair Twin XMS4000 DDR Ram problem

Old January 17th 04, 09:11 AM
CT

Default Corsair Twin XMS4000 DDR Ram problem

Hi All,

CPU-Z ver 1.19a only recognizes these sticks as 'Corsair DDR-SDRAM
PC3700'

I am also running an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MB (1014.003 BIOS rev) and it
thinks they are DDR400 !!

Anybody know whats going on ?

TIA
Remove ZZZ from my email address to reply
Old January 17th 04, 05:42 PM
ICee

CT wrote:
Hi All,

CPU-Z ver 1.19a only recognizes these sticks as 'Corsair DDR-SDRAM
PC3700'

I am also running an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MB (1014.003 BIOS rev) and it
thinks they are DDR400 !!

Anybody know whats going on ?

TIA
Remove ZZZ from my email address to reply

Maybe you should upgrade to version 1.20a

Douglas Adams

Old January 17th 04, 06:23 PM
Skid

"CT" wrote in message
Hi All,

CPU-Z ver 1.19a only recognizes these sticks as 'Corsair DDR-SDRAM
PC3700'

I am also running an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MB (1014.003 BIOS rev) and it
thinks they are DDR400 !!

Anybody know whats going on ?

More than likely both CPU-Z and the bios were coded before XMS4000 existed.
Could also be that Corsair used different info in the SPD than the ram is
capable of for increased compatibility.

Either way, it only matters how fast it will run, not how it IDs.

For example, my Buffalo Tech PC3700 is identified at Melco PC2700 in CPU-Z,
and the SPD sets the timings at 2.5,3,3,7. But that doesn't stop it from
running at DDR440, 2,3,2,6.

Old January 18th 04, 04:16 AM
CT

You must be right as CPU-Z 20a still thinks its PC3700 ram and I
believe I have the latest MB bios. Oh well, have to wait and see for
more updates then.

Thanks guys !

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:23:36 GMT, "Skid"
wrote:

.. .

Unusual DVD-rom problem Sizif General 0 July 7th 04 03:25 PM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Problem with freezing mouse, Windows Explorer Jon Davis General 3 April 3rd 04 04:06 AM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM