HP DV6936us - dead 29 days after warranty expires

Old December 24th 09, 10:09 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

Default HP DV6936us - dead 29 days after warranty expires

http://tinypic.com/r/246vo6v/6
http://tinypic.com/r/n69r46/6

HP wanted $104 just to troubleshoot. Of course I talked to "Linda"
whose real name is Deependra Guptda Mukkalukkafukkachucka.
I plug the god damn thing in, and I get a blue pulsating light as seen
above.

I bought this for my mom last Christmas. Isn't that just wonderful?
Aren't I a good son?
No. I'm a terrible son, I should have bought her a ****ing Mac - but
No, the HP was cheaper.
So let's run down the cost of this piece of ****.

$700 Original cost
$50 Shipping
$100 Tech "troubleshoot" cost
$150+ Repair labor (guestimate)
$160 Motherboard (per ebay)
$20 Power adapter (if that's the problem)
$1,180 Total

WOW! So tell me... How should I quantify the downtime? She runs her
own business. I'll make up a number. $1,000
So the total comes to $2,180.

Where are the savings?

They wanted $100+ just to talk to me? How dare they. How can they
justify that? Doctors and Psychiatrists don't charge that much.
Plumbers don't charge that much for an on site service call, but these
douchebags want that much just to troubleshoot? I understand a change
for repair - but just to talk? Not even one hour of free phone time.
Call girls (not street walkers) run $200 for the first hour. So talking
to some stinky third world crusty chemical infested dumbass accented
Maheshwara worshiping thing; costs half as much as it would to nail a 21
year old model??!

One more Apple customer.

If I sold this on eBay I would get $400 for it. So I'm supposed to
spend 25% of the total cost just to talk to another Guptda
Mukkalukkafukkachucka so he can tell me I need to pay another $200 to
replace the board?

Last year when I called Apple for a problem with a MB 13" I talked to an
American. Had an RMA in ten minutes, box was sent to me the next day,
shipped to their repair center, and was returned in two more days. It
started on Monday, I had my machine back on Friday.
Old December 24th 09, 10:13 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
MuahMan

Go buy the whorish old hag $4500 dollar 27" iMac. It won't work at
all, straight out of the box.
Old December 24th 09, 10:27 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

On 12/24/09 4:13 PM, MuahMan wrote:
Go buy the whorish old hag $4500 dollar 27" iMac. It won't work at
all, straight out of the box.

But at least they'll honor the warranty. Quit while you're behind,
kiddo - you loose.

Old December 24th 09, 10:31 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
MuahMan

On Dec 24, 4:27*pm, Justin wrote:
On 12/24/09 4:13 PM, MuahMan wrote:

Go buy the whorish old hag $4500 dollar 27" iMac. It won't work at
all, straight out of the box.

But at least they'll honor the warranty. *Quit while you're behind,
kiddo - you loose.

They won't honor the warranty. Since it's broken as soon as you open
it you'll just have to return. Most people get one that works on their
3rd or 4th try.

How much computing power can your mom need to run a brothel.
Old December 24th 09, 10:33 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

On 12/24/09 4:31 PM, MuahMan wrote:
On Dec 24, 4:27 pm, wrote:
On 12/24/09 4:13 PM, MuahMan wrote:

Go buy the whorish old hag $4500 dollar 27" iMac. It won't work at
all, straight out of the box.

But at least they'll honor the warranty. Quit while you're behind,
kiddo - you loose.

They won't honor the warranty. Since it's broken as soon as you open
it you'll just have to return. Most people get one that works on their
3rd or 4th try.

Wrong. They honored my warranty a year after I bought the machine.
Stop making stuff up, its dangerous - you'll end up believing your own lies.

How much computing power can your mom need to run a brothel.

Wow, that was profound - you have the mind of a child who was picked on
in high school. Let the grown ups talk.
Old December 24th 09, 10:51 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
News[_5_]

Justin wrote:

http://tinypic.com/r/n69r46/6

That's the Christmas spirit. The flipped digit...
Old December 24th 09, 11:02 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
MuahMan

On Dec 24, 4:27 pm, *wrote:
On 12/24/09 4:13 PM, MuahMan wrote:

Go buy the whorish old hag $4500 dollar 27" iMac. It won't work at
all, straight out of the box.

But at least they'll honor the warranty. *Quit while you're behind,
kiddo - you loose.

They won't honor the warranty. Since it's broken as soon as you open
it you'll just have to return. Most people get one that works on their
3rd or 4th try.

Wrong. *They honored my warranty a year after I bought the machine.
Stop making stuff up, its dangerous - you'll end up believing your own lies.

You've had a 27" iMac for over a year?

Wait they fixed your Apple under warranty because it was a year old?
How come your Mac broke so quickly. Don't Macs just work?

If fact, if Macs just work. Why is there a class action suit against
with thousands of plantiffs claiming their brand new 27" iMacs
wouldn't work and Apple denied the the problem?

If Macs just work. Why sell Apple Care at all?

If Macs just work. Why do have a bunch of illiterate teenagers working
at the Moron Bar to fix all the problems. The Moron Bar is so back up
you have to make a reservation just to see someone. Then when you go,
you'll still have to wait in line behind a few hundred teenage girls
with braces trying to get pink covers for the iPod.

At least your Mom's HP made it more than a year and was OUT OF
WARRANTY when you brought it in.

Old December 24th 09, 11:25 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

On Dec 24, 4:27 pm, wrote:
On 12/24/09 4:13 PM, MuahMan wrote:

Go buy the whorish old hag $4500 dollar 27" iMac. It won't work at
all, straight out of the box.

But at least they'll honor the warranty. Quit while you're behind,
kiddo - you loose.

They won't honor the warranty. Since it's broken as soon as you open
it you'll just have to return. Most people get one that works on their
3rd or 4th try.

Wrong. They honored my warranty a year after I bought the machine.
Stop making stuff up, its dangerous - you'll end up believing your own lies.

You've had a 27" iMac for over a year?

Wait they fixed your Apple under warranty because it was a year old?
How come your Mac broke so quickly. Don't Macs just work?

Ir was a year and a half old.

If fact, if Macs just work. Why is there a class action suit against
with thousands of plantiffs claiming their brand new 27" iMacs
wouldn't work and Apple denied the the problem?

**** happens. Look at the reliability surveys - if you can read.

If Macs just work. Why sell Apple Care at all?

Again, because machines break - just like everything.

If Macs just work. Why do have a bunch of illiterate teenagers working
at the Moron Bar to fix all the problems. The Moron Bar is so back up
you have to make a reservation just to see someone. Then when you go,
you'll still have to wait in line behind a few hundred teenage girls
with braces trying to get pink covers for the iPod.

As opposed to dirty punjabs in India charging customers $100 just to
talk? Is that tech support of Phone sex?
As for the teenage girls, that sounds like your dream come true.

At least your Mom's HP made it more than a year and was OUT OF
WARRANTY when you brought it in.

29 days, so that's how they stay in business? immediately after the
warranty they break? Is there a built in timer?

Old December 24th 09, 11:26 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

On 12/24/09 4:51 PM, News wrote:
Justin wrote:

http://tinypic.com/r/n69r46/6

That's the Christmas spirit. The flipped digit...

God damn right it is.

Old December 25th 09, 12:14 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Justin[_8_]

On 12/24/09 4:09 PM, Justin wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/246vo6v/6
http://tinypic.com/r/n69r46/6

New development!
The hard drive is bad too. It won't read. I put it in an external
reader - nothing - won't mount under OSX or Win7. Yes, I put another
drive int he reader and it works fine.
Isn't that just great?
Pure HP PC quality!

http://tinypic.com/r/2djxojk/6