back up

Old January 2nd 05, 01:12 PM
Vic

Default back up

My Grandaughter just bought a new Packard Bell computer running XP Home edtn
with SP2. (Don't know the model)
Guy at the shop says they do not supply any discs any more to restore
machine in case of problems. He says she should back up all the system on to
CDs in order to reinstall Windows etc.
How do we do this please.
Vic

Old January 2nd 05, 02:36 PM
Elector

"Vic" wrote in message
My Grandaughter just bought a new Packard Bell computer running XP
Home edtn with SP2. (Don't know the model)
Guy at the shop says they do not supply any discs any more to
restore machine in case of problems. He says she should back up all
the system on to CDs in order to reinstall Windows etc.
How do we do this please.
Vic

You would need a CD Burner and a number of CD-R discs. In
Start-settings-control panel-accessories-choose back-up system files
etc. Or simply use the Help (Start-Help & Support) and it will tell
you how to do this function.

Elector

Old January 2nd 05, 03:35 PM
Vic

Thank you Elector, I have sent your message to her & hope it doe's the
trick.
I tried to find this on my HP computer but it doesn't appear.
I haven't got "Accessories" in my control panel. Perhaps this is because my
machine already has back up discs.
Grateful for your help.
Cheers.
vic.