print queue problem

Old January 13th 08, 12:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rvz76

Default print queue problem

Hello all,

I have a problem in installing my new wifi printer (Olivetti simple Way
wifi).
The installer stops, claiming that I still have print jobs in queue.
I checked and the print queue is empty. I also stopped and restarted
the print spooler, but still I cannot install the print software.
Does anyone know whether there are registry keys / files that I should
delete or edit in order to really clean the queue?
Or, what can make the sw "think" there something in the print queue?

Thank you in advance

rvz

Old January 13th 08, 12:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

"Rvz76" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have a problem in installing my new wifi printer (Olivetti simple Way
wifi).
The installer stops, claiming that I still have print jobs in queue.
I checked and the print queue is empty. I also stopped and restarted
the print spooler, but still I cannot install the print software.
Does anyone know whether there are registry keys / files that I should
delete or edit in order to really clean the queue?
Or, what can make the sw "think" there something in the print queue?

Thank you in advance

rvz

Hi,

You might try going to the Olivetti web site and see if there is an updated
installation program for your OS. You may also find some troubleshooting
tips for reinstallation of the software. Additionally there may be a tech
support phone number you can use to help get the printer installed.
Certainly there are registration keys that get installed and you might
try looking for Olivetti, but additionally some of the drivers may have
already been installed and unless you have the driver list indicating
exactly which ones are used you may not get them all deleted for a new
installation.
--
Jan Alter

or

Old January 20th 08, 11:50 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rvz76

Thank you for the help.
I successfully installed the printer on another laptop.
The problem resides in my laptop, which says there
is something in the print queue, even if it's not true.
Ichecked the olivetti site, with no help.

rvz

Old February 8th 08, 10:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 6:50*am, "Rvz76" wrote:
Thank you for the help.
I successfully installed the printer on another laptop.
The problem resides in my laptop, which says there
is something in theprintqueue, even if it's not true.
Ichecked the olivetti site, with no help.

rvz

"Jan Alter" ha scritto nel messaggionews:Xtnij.4765$s67.2995@trndny05...

"Rvz76" wrote in message
t...
[...]

To check if your print queue is truly empty...stop the print spooler
service..

navigate to :

windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS\

delete any files in this directory...(not sure if you need to enable
hidden files and folders options in folder options).