GA 81865GME ...... support for gfx card

Old January 11th 07, 02:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
bringitin

Default GA 81865GME ...... support for gfx card

I was using nvidia mx 4000 gfx card.....
Is fx 5200 a better option ........wil my mother board support fx
5200........
ne other gfx card is this range that my motherboard will support ???

Old January 11th 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

bringitin wrote:
I was using nvidia mx 4000 gfx card.....
Is fx 5200 a better option ........wil my mother board support fx
5200........
ne other gfx card is this range that my motherboard will support ???

Looking around at info on MX-4000, it is hard to tell exactly what
memory interface it uses on the GPU. The FX-5200 is typically a
64 bit interface. One difference on FX-5200, is that it has
"almost complete" hardware support for DX-9. When I bought mine,
there was a claim that a couple of operations were not DX-9 hardware
supported. But evidence of that is harder to find now.

I would not expect a big change in performance. They are likely
in the same class, performance wise.

The FX-5200 has good compatibility on the AGP slot. It works on
my 440BX 3.3V only motherboard, it works at AGP8X on my Nforce2
board, and it works at AGP8X on my 875P board. It should work on
your 865G board.

I would say the main advantage, would be if some new game refused
to install, because of the DirectX level of hardware support. You
will still have to keep the detail settings on low, when using the
card. That is what I do with it.

The 865G chipset supports AGP8X, so there are a number of other
cards that would work. If you have lots of money, this is the
latest thing. I thought there were several manufacturers making
a version of this, but Newegg doesn't have much listed at the
moment for comparison purposes. You'll have to search around,
to get more feedback on it. The AGP version of the X1950Pro
uses the same clock and memory setup as the PCI Express version,
but benchmarks show slightly less performance in 3DMark (likely
due to the bridge chip and AGP, or maybe the motherboards they
were using). AGP likely won't get better than this.

http://www.visiontek.com/products/ca...50pro_AGP.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Custra...82E16814131035

Paul
Old January 12th 07, 01:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
bringitin

thnx a lot paul.........no man......I cant spend lot of money on gfx
card ..........
then I shud go in for fx 5200 .........

Old January 13th 07, 12:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

bringitin wrote:
thnx a lot paul.........no man......I cant spend lot of money on gfx
card ..........
then I shud go in for fx 5200 .........

But you won't get a lot more frame rate with it. That is the
problem. To be a useful upgrade, you need to spend a little
more. It doesn't have to be the X1950Pro, it can always
be a midrange AGP card. Since you have an AGP8X slot,
there are lots of options.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Subcategory=48

There is a 7600GS AGP for $120 he

You can compare the specs of the FX5200, to the other AGP cards, he
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/

Buying the FX5200 would be mostly a waste of your money.

Paul