Video capture on a x1950Pro

Old January 8th 07, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
SpamBox

Default Video capture on a x1950Pro

Having just purchased a x1950Pro (which is great btw) I figured I could lose
the video capture card I use for playing my xbox though my PC monitor and
use the video-in capabilities of the card. So far I can get a picture using
dscaler or VLC but the quality is shocking - it looks like its running at
really low resolution and so far I have tried lots of suggestions from
various sources on the net but still no joy. My old capture card worked
flawlessly with a picture that I was very happy with. Anybody have any
suggestions? I am starting to think perhaps the easiest thing to do would be
to use the old capture card!

I am using: -

latest 6.12 drivers + CCC +AVIVO
DirectX Dec06 runtime
All patches from MS
xbox is PAL standard (and yes I have set x1950 input to PAL)
Latest v4 Dscaler
Latest VLC

TIA

Glennbo

Old January 10th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

The "video-in" feature was probably a free toss-in because the VIVO chip
likely costs the same to produce as a basic video-out encoder. Don't expect
too much out of it. :-)

Have you tried Virtual VCR?

Also, have you tried the drivers he
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...tionID=2 3582

The standard Catalyst drivers may not be fully compatible with the X1950
Pro, due to it being a new product.

Old January 10th 07, 07:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
SpamBox

"SpamBox" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the reply. I will try the link you suggested but failing that I
think the old PCI capture card may have to go back into the box.

Thanks again.

Glennbo