Any 8800GTX users?

Old September 27th 07, 08:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HotRdd

Default Any 8800GTX users?

Is anyone here using the 8800GTX? If so can you please try to answer a
couple questions?

1) Does it support dual monitors?

2) If I have a monitor that only supporst 1024x800 for example and your set
the resolution to 8192x8192 can you "pan" around the screen?

Old September 27th 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* HotRdd:

Is anyone here using the 8800GTX? If so can you please try to answer a
couple questions?

1) Does it support dual monitors?

Yes, like most cards made in the last 8 years or so.

2) If I have a monitor that only supporst 1024x800 for example and your set
the resolution to 8192x8192 can you "pan" around the screen?

No.

Benjamin
Old September 27th 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Patrick Vervoorn

In article ,
HotRdd wrote:
Is anyone here using the 8800GTX? If so can you please try to answer a
couple questions?

I don't have one (yet), but the 'Gaming-System' I've ordered, and which
will hopefully be delivered sometime before the weekend, or just after it,
will contain one. Before I made that decision I have, of course,
investigated it a bit.

1) Does it support dual monitors?

Of course it does. About any videocard made in the last, say, 4 years or
so does.

2) If I have a monitor that only supporst 1024x800 for example and your set
the resolution to 8192x8192 can you "pan" around the screen?

AFAIK this isn't standard fare of the NVidia drivers; usually the highest
resolution one can select is what the monitor type you chose allows. Why
exactly would you want to do this?

If an application allows you to edit pictures of 8192x8192 pixels, it will
usually also give you the option of zooming in/out and/or scrolling around
in the partial view. Zoom in until your picture's pixels are 1:1 with the
screen's pixel, and you will have what you want.

If you want a bigger desktop, install something like a Virtual Desktop
manager. Even Microsoft themselves offers a pretty nice 'PowerToy' for
this, which allows you to use, and quickly switch, between 4 desktops.
There are other utilities around which give you a user-definable amount of
desktops, which are tiled together; so if you use one of these and define
10 x 10 desktops, you'll have something like you want. Good lucky managing
that, though.

Regards, Patrick.
Old September 27th 07, 09:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HotRdd

I've tried several desktop programs but they only allow me to put a bunch of
programs on each desktop. Not span a single window across several desktops.
Should that be possible? I need one large desktop that I can open my program
too and then work with it. I don't mind panning around the screen if thats
what happens I just need the actual application window to be huge.

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message l...

Old September 27th 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
HotRdd

Also I'm not sure why you can't set the resolution to 8000x8000 if you only
have a 1024 res monitor. My current Radeon X550 will allow me to set the
resolution to 2048x1536 with monitors that only support 1024x768, I then pan
around the application. Have you tried this?

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message l...

Old September 27th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andrew

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:47:47 -0700, Bill
wrote:

It sounds like your looking for something like this:

http://www.9xmedia.com/products/displays/index.php

T'aint cheap but it will probably do what you want.

LOL, does that 30 screen one show the universe in a 1:1 scale?
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old September 27th 07, 11:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

Each size of LCD screen has a SINGLE specified Native Resolution. You
apparently stated that yours is 1024 x 800. That then is the MAXIMUM and
Only resolution that will appear correctl and sharply on that LCD.
P.S. There is NO video card that can produce 8192 x 8192.

--
---------------------
DaveW

Old September 28th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Makhno

HotRdd wrote:
Is anyone here using the 8800GTX? If so can you please try to answer a
couple questions?

1) Does it support dual monitors?

Yes, but if you have two cards you can only use one monitor when it is
in SLI (otherwise, 4 monitors - 2 on each card).