DirectX10

Old August 28th 07, 07:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Carl

Default DirectX10

Leigh-Anne, you will only be able to get DX10 effects with those cards using
Vista. You will also need to download DX 9.0c from Microsoft's website. I
had to do this to get Brothers In Arms to run properly. It doesn't matter
what hell OS or hardware you buy, as there will always be someone who has
something negative to say about it. I use Vista Home Premium, and I haven't
got any major problems with it so far. I need a driver for my Thrustmaster
HOTAS Cougar; and am still waiting for my soundcard to be released from
Auzentech. I would recommend a load of RAM, I have 8Gb in mine, so have none
of these memory shortage problems. It has taken so far two years for drivers
for all my kit to be made available for Windows XP Professional 64bit. The
provision of drivers for Vista is far more rapid. I am running the 64 bit
edition of Home Premium, and I have all drivers. Like you, this machine is
for Crysis, so I bought 2x ATI X2900XT graphic cards, a quad core Intel CPU,
and a widescreen HDMI monitor. I would recommend an ASUS motherboard, as
they seem to update their BIOS frequently. I think that ATI update their
drivers more often than Nvidia, but am not an ATI fanboy, I have used their
cards before. Make sure you get a hefty PSU to run your new rig on as well.
As for the negative remarks, well, you go to work to earn your money, so
spend it how the hell you like! Of course, these AMD Phenom CPUs are out
soon, and (surprise surprise) ATI is banging on about how they will wipe the
floor with all that has gone before...........
Old August 28th 07, 07:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andrew

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:48:31 -0500, "Gary"
wrote:

Hello, not to add fuel to the fire but I have better credit than sense and
have a fine system to show for it. But seriously the problem is that Vista
SUCKS.

For you maybe, it works fine for me.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old August 29th 07, 07:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fierce Guppy

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
news
Leigh-Anne wrote:
I am starting to build a new pc, with one or two 8800 ultras, as these
are directx 10 cards. Will i only be able to get directx 10 effects under
Windows Vista.

Thx

LA

No, you will only get DX10 from Vista if you install THREE 8800 Ultras,
not the one or two you suggest.

Why does the phrase "more money than sense" snap to mind? Must be
something I read...but where...hmmm.

I expect you heard it from some dullard with no understanding of why anyone
would invest so much in something ~he's~ not passionate about.

Fierce Guppy.
--
email: fierce,guppy@paradise,net,nz

Old August 29th 07, 07:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Carl

ATI has already been surpassed and AMD is looking to sell of that dog of
a company they bought. ATI's drivers, especially for Linux, have sucked
so badly for so long, if they work at all it seems good.

LOL! Well, all my stuff runs ok here!