Leadtek A400 TDH 6800 (non ultra) vs Shuttle SN85G4v2

Old October 1st 04, 04:34 PM
Mirek Fídler

Default Leadtek A400 TDH 6800 (non ultra) vs Shuttle SN85G4v2

Hi,

I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I have
my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek will
fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.

How big is that additional cooler?

Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not care
too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 , but
noise is really the issue for me....

Mirek

Old October 1st 04, 05:23 PM
Kevin Steele

Mirek F=EDdler thought long and hard, then said...
Hi,
=20
I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I hav=

my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek will
fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.
=20
How big is that additional cooler?
=20
Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not ca=

re
too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 , b=

ut
noise is really the issue for me....
=20
Mirek

I've got an MSI 6800 card in my Shuttle SB51G, and aside from having to=20
upgrade to Shuttle's SilentX 250w power supply, I've had no problems at=20
all (and this is with the PCI slot filled as well). It's extremely=20
quiet, more so than the PNY Ti4200 it replaces.

--=20
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews
www.retroblast.com
Old October 1st 04, 06:49 PM
Richard Dower

"Mirek Fídler" wrote in message
Hi,

I would like to buy Leadtek for my SFF (mostly because is supposed to be
rather low-noise), but as Sn85G4 has problems with overheating NIC, I have
my PCI slot occupied by PCI lan card. So I am afraid whether Leadtek will
fit, as it has cooler on both sides of PCB.

How big is that additional cooler?

Also: Is Leadtek really as low-noise as suggested by reviews? I do not
care
too much about performance (as long as I can play DOOM3 at 1024*768 ,
but
noise is really the issue for me....

Mirek

I have a Leadtek 6800GT, the cooling solution is massive, but the card is no
longer then my old FX5700 Ultra. I have a tower case and i have loads of
space for said card.

The card is also quiet, IMO....but gets hot.

Old October 1st 04, 07:00 PM
Mirek Fídler

"Richard Dower" pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku

[...]

Well, but problem I have is that this card have heatsink on pcb side. And
SN85G4 layout has swaped PCI and AGP slots (AGP is placed close to case
cover) so that there is PCI slot with card on PCB side of AGP card (unlike
any standard ATX board).

My problem is height of PCB side heatsink (one without fan).

Mirek

Old October 1st 04, 07:02 PM
Mirek Fídler

"Kevin Steele" pí¨e v diskusním príspevku

I've got an MSI 6800 card in my Shuttle SB51G, and aside from having to
upgrade to Shuttle's SilentX 250w power supply, I've had no problems at
all (and this is with the PCI slot filled as well). It's extremely
quiet, more so than the PNY Ti4200 it replaces.

Yes, MSI is second option, but it is a little bit expensive compared to MSI

I also consider Gainward 6800LE (very cheap) and optionaly mod fan to lower
voltage and possibly underclock.

Mirek