EDID problem - Apple Display Problem on 6800GT

Old August 24th 04, 12:27 AM
Nick

Default EDID problem - Apple Display Problem on 6800GT

Upgrade gone terribly wrong

Got a Evga 6800GT and a new Apple Cinema 23 display on my XP box.

The card will not display bios screens, or even boot windows (yes I've
waited for it to get to the desktop load with no luck). The only way I
can get it to boot is to keep an analog vga monitor plugged in. When I
do this the Apple comes up perfectly on the DVI port once in windows.
The hugely ironic thing is that it works perfectly with my old 4200ti-
BIOS screens windows boot screen everything works perfectly.

EVGA claims it stems from the monitor sending a non compliant EDID
signal and have no bios fix to help. Apple could care less. EVGA said
they have had reports of the ULTRA card working fine with the monitor-
sounds fishy.

Anyone stuck in the same boat?

Thanks

n i ||||no||spam ck@ho || bad ++ \\ spam|| b.com
Old August 24th 04, 04:01 AM
Jeff B

Nick wrote:

Upgrade gone terribly wrong

Got a Evga 6800GT and a new Apple Cinema 23 display on my XP box.

The card will not display bios screens, or even boot windows (yes I've
waited for it to get to the desktop load with no luck). The only way I
can get it to boot is to keep an analog vga monitor plugged in. When I
do this the Apple comes up perfectly on the DVI port once in windows.
The hugely ironic thing is that it works perfectly with my old 4200ti-
BIOS screens windows boot screen everything works perfectly.

EVGA claims it stems from the monitor sending a non compliant EDID
signal and have no bios fix to help. Apple could care less. EVGA said
they have had reports of the ULTRA card working fine with the monitor-
sounds fishy.

Anyone stuck in the same boat?

I had the same experience, the BFG6800U works fine, comes up in POST
and in windows. The EVGA 6800GT never shows POST, but does come up in
windows. This on my Apple 23" cinema HDTV.

Jeff B

Thanks

n i ||||no||spam ck@ho || bad ++ \\ spam|| b.com

This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
display problem philo General 5 May 9th 04 08:32 AM
Display problem with my laptop Esteban Rodriguez General 1 April 11th 04 04:55 AM
display problem for compaq notebook 3000 series Julia Jin General 0 February 20th 04 01:01 AM
Problem in Display of ASUS MotherBoard A7V266-MX S S Robert General 0 January 12th 04 06:30 AM