ATI Radeon + Word = VRU error

Old January 30th 05, 03:57 PM
Jarod

Default ATI Radeon + Word = VRU error

Hey
I wrote on this group about my ATI Radeon problems with Word. But I am
using groups.google.com to send responses and I cannot respond... I
can only start a new thread. So I uninstalled Nvidia drivers and I
tried to remove all registry entries from Nvidia,that help a little,
so comp no don't hang up. It generates an error and... it becomes
generating graphics by software way ( it's a bit slow but it works ).
I can live with it, but if there is something more that I can do to
have completly stable computer I will try
Jarod
Old January 30th 05, 08:49 PM
JLC

"Jarod" wrote in message
Hey
I wrote on this group about my ATI Radeon problems with Word. But I am
using groups.google.com to send responses and I cannot respond... I
can only start a new thread. So I uninstalled Nvidia drivers and I
tried to remove all registry entries from Nvidia,that help a little,
so comp no don't hang up. It generates an error and... it becomes
generating graphics by software way ( it's a bit slow but it works ).
I can live with it, but if there is something more that I can do to
have completly stable computer I will try
Jarod

Start from scratch. Re-format your HD and re-install the OS and all your
programs.

Old January 30th 05, 11:24 PM
Gordon Scott

JLC wrote:

"Jarod" wrote in message
Hey
I wrote on this group about my ATI Radeon problems with Word. But I am
using groups.google.com to send responses and I cannot respond... I
can only start a new thread. So I uninstalled Nvidia drivers and I
tried to remove all registry entries from Nvidia,that help a little,
so comp no don't hang up. It generates an error and... it becomes
generating graphics by software way ( it's a bit slow but it works ).
I can live with it, but if there is something more that I can do to
have completly stable computer I will try
Jarod

Start from scratch. Re-format your HD and re-install the OS and all your
programs.

with your network cable unplugged.
Old January 31st 05, 03:03 PM

You have to use

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...videocards.ati

to be able to reply... it's the new version of google groups.
Remember to re-install everything or nothing will work.

Old February 1st 05, 03:35 PM
bob brozewicz

Jarod wrote:
Hey
I wrote on this group about my ATI Radeon problems with Word. But I am
using groups.google.com to send responses and I cannot respond... I
can only start a new thread. So I uninstalled Nvidia drivers and I
tried to remove all registry entries from Nvidia,that help a little,
so comp no don't hang up. It generates an error and... it becomes
generating graphics by software way ( it's a bit slow but it works ).
I can live with it, but if there is something more that I can do to
have completly stable computer I will try
Jarod

jarod,

back in november/december i was upgrading my kids computer from an
nvidia card to an ati and someone the compaq newsgroup suggested a
program called detonator-destroyer to remove the nvidia drivers
completely. i never used the program because i formated and installed xp
professional.

maybe this will help. i pasted the link to the software below.

http://www.guru3d.com/detonator-destroyer/

bob brozewicz
Old February 1st 05, 05:31 PM
Gregor Veble

Hello,

I had a similar problem, it turned out it had nothing to do with the
graphics card but with RAM bios settings. Try to increase some of the
timing variables for that and see if that helps.

Good luck!

-Gregor

Old February 1st 05, 07:35 PM

Hey
I formated my C drive, I installed everything from scratch... and...
The Word is working but the system is hanging up occasionally... And
The Windows Update site,when I try to update hangs up computer. I will
give you more details so when you have a list of possible updates you
can chose what exatcly do you want, and then you check it ( THIS IS IT
!!! ). After I try to check anything my computers hangs up. I don't
know what else I can do...
Jarod