Gigabyte, next bios!

Old November 4th 08, 09:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

Default Gigabyte, next bios!

Hi Gigabyte,

I've been having problems with my Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R sens i first
got it it's not broken, it just won't work well with my Crucial DDR2
BallistiX PC8500 RAM. I think the problem lies in how the GA-P35C-DS3R
distribute current to the RAM. At default (auto) my RAM get's from
2.0v to ~2,40v witch is WAY over what's needed and recommended and
this will cause my RAM to fail causing BSOD in Windows also corrupting
files at this point.

2.2v is default for ddr2 RAM and should be obtained. Selecting
voltages manual +2v will keep the RAM at 1.9v to ~2.11v This is fine
in Windows BUT after hibernating during the night computer won't boot
at these settings. I have to change to +3v or auto. And as I told you,
this will not work in Windows under pressure. I urge you too fix this
in next coming bios F12 if you want to keep me as a customer thanks.

PS: I fix so that we BallistiX users can run our beloved ram at
1066MHz would be nice too.

kind regards
Blackatt