review of budget first build please

Old August 13th 03, 03:22 PM
andy gardner

Default review of budget first build please

looking to build a budget first build ... and came up with the following
partlist from ebuyer (using the star ratings to help guide me)...
cost comes to about £150+ vat...
I guess most iffy bit is integrated motherboard - not upgradeable etc... but
gets lots of good reviews on ebuyer feedback
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...vd19wcm9kdWN0X
3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=49017
some even saying it wasn't a bad games machine (medal of honour etc)...

What do people here think? if I could stretch another £50 could I get a
substantial improvement changing some parts...
machine is for general purpose office apps and some games (eg medal of
honour etc)?

thanks Andy

ECS K7SOM+ With Duron PRO1800 + CPU/USB 2.0/Sound/Graphics/lAN motherboard
049017 £ 51.38
Crucial PC2100 256mb DDR 184pin DIMM
042142 £ 29.99
JNC 4JA 164(a) Grey Midi Tower Case 300w PSU USB
045395 £ 15.46
IBM / Hitachi 180GXP 60Gb 7200rpm ATA100 2mb Cache Hard Drive
043159 £ 37.84
Panasonic Floppy Disk Drive Black 1.44MB 3.5 inch internal
043087 £4.98
Samsung 52x Internal IDE CD - ROM Drive - OEM
033868 £9.85
8cm Internal Case Cooling Fan
023880 £0.69

Cart Total: £150.19

Old August 14th 03, 07:15 AM
Jonathan Eales

CPU is only 1200MHz Duron and there is no AGP slot on motherboard for future
3D graphics. upgrade.

Anyway you certainly can't build a brand new PC for any cheaper.
I recommend ebuyer. I've ordered lots and never had any problems.

Jonathan