Athlon 3200 processor only reads out at 1293.1

Old December 25th 06, 04:24 PM
Little bird Little bird is offline
Junior Member

Default Athlon 3200 processor only reads out at 1293.1

bought my MB used, Asus A7N8X-E deluxe and it already had an Athlon 3200 installed. Well I bought the game, Need for Speed Carbon today and when I start up the game, it shuts down the puter and put out an error to report to Microsoft. I did send the one and it came back that the drivers were probably not written correctly. Well after checking requirements a little further with the game (it'll check your puter for you) it comes up my processor is only at 1293.1 and I have the Athlon 3200 installed. Well since I put this together the only thing I touched in bios was, no floppy. How can I check the processor speed in bios and how do I change it? Also,,,,,,,,,,,,why would it read so low? Came back to do a little edit. I just went into my computer and checked view system information and the it says it's 1.29GHz.
Old December 26th 06, 12:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Roger Hamlett

"Little bird" wrote in message

bought my MB used, Asus A7N8X-E deluxe and it already had an Athlon 3200
installed. Well I bought the game, Need for Speed Carbon today and when
I start up the game, it shuts down the puter and put out an error to
report to Microsoft. I did send the one and it came back that the
drivers were probably not written correctly. Well after checking
requirements a little further with the game (it'll check your puter for
you) it comes up my processor is only at 1293.1 and I have the Athlon
3200 installed. Well since I put this together the only thing I touched
in bios was, no floppy. How can I check the processor speed in bios and
how do I change it? Also,,,,,,,,,,,,why would it read so low? Came back
to do a little edit. I just went into my computer and checked view
system information and the it says it's 1.29GHz.

Either there are two people wo have bought identical systems, or you asked
this only a couple of weeks ago...
The 3200, will _not_ read 3200MHz, in the Windows reporting screen.
Depending on what processor version it is, it will probably read
1800MHz,and clocked at this rate, will pretty much match the performance
of a Celeron processor running at 3200Mhz (better in some things, and
worse in a few others) This is the basis of the 'rating' number. So your
system is running at about 0.7 of the speed it should run. This is close
to the ratio 100/133. So the FSB, is almost certainly set to 100MHz (the
normal wake-up default), and needs to be manually raised to 133MHz. This
should give you a processor showing well over 1700Mhz in these
diagnostics, which will be the correct speed. At it's current clock rate,
your processor will rate as about a 2400, so speed is probably not the
cause of your problems. A low clock speed, is not a cause for an error
report to MS. An error report of this sort, probably implies a driver
error...

Best Wishes

Athlon 3200 processor only reads out at 1293.1 VenDi Asus Motherboards 4 December 7th 06 11:42 PM
help re 3200 athlon cpu PBS General 8 July 24th 04 12:54 PM
Newbie: How much faster is the FX-53 than the Athlon 3200 ? Steve H. AMD x86-64 Processors 2 July 23rd 04 08:05 PM
AMD 64 Athlon 3200 +/Motu sound card News Group AMD x86-64 Processors 8 July 1st 04 08:51 AM
Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming Tone-EQ Overclocking AMD Processors 1 December 15th 03 04:09 PM