Albatron 7950 GX2 Problems - Advice Please

Old December 23rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul Coene

Default Albatron 7950 GX2 Problems - Advice Please

Our Albatron 7950 Gx2 just quit working after 2+ months of use.

Sympton: On boot, or on attempts to install driver after deleting the
device - hang and eventual reboot while monitor is swapped to various
frequencies.

Workaround: If I configure the 1st of the two cards in device manager as
"diabled" and install the driver on the 2nd, I can run with one card
enabled of the (2) on the adapter. Enabling the 2nd one yields a problem
as soon as I reboot or change any settings.

Any ideas? Is there somehow maybe some setup info that made its way into
card #2 that is scrogged - or did the hardware just die?

--

It's 3:30, why aren't you at work?
I.. I didn't feel like it.

Old December 24th 06, 05:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Paul Coene wrote:
Our Albatron 7950 Gx2 just quit working after 2+ months of use.

Sympton: On boot, or on attempts to install driver after deleting the
device - hang and eventual reboot while monitor is swapped to various
frequencies.

Workaround: If I configure the 1st of the two cards in device manager as
"diabled" and install the driver on the 2nd, I can run with one card
enabled of the (2) on the adapter. Enabling the 2nd one yields a problem
as soon as I reboot or change any settings.

Any ideas? Is there somehow maybe some setup info that made its way into
card #2 that is scrogged - or did the hardware just die?

Hardware Failure, RTM.
Old December 24th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW

Do you have a QUALITY PSU of adequate wattage output to drive those power
hungry video cards AND all you other computer components? That may be the
problem. An over stressed PSU can destroy video cards, and motherboards.

--
DaveW

news