NvidiaDVD

Old October 2nd 05, 03:02 AM
Carl

Default NvidiaDVD

I was reading that this DVD player utilizes hardware on the graphics card to
decode. Does it and is it any good before I run out and buy it?

Old October 2nd 05, 03:58 AM
Ed Light

For me it improved the Windows Media Player DVD playback to about PowerDVD
level.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old October 2nd 05, 07:59 AM
Carl

thanks, anyone else got an opinion?

Old October 2nd 05, 08:33 AM
Ed Light

any good before I run out and buy it?

You can download the trial version.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old October 2nd 05, 03:24 PM
Sharanga Dayananda

I've been using it since December. 'tis alright. The codecs are fussy and
the audio codecs don't work with anything other than WMP10 or MCE, producing
vanilla Pro Logic 1 for MPEG-2 clips and no sound for DVDs with other
players such as Zoom Player. However, when used with WMP10 everything works
fine.

The picture quality is excellent ( on par with PowerDVD and WinDVD ( which
can actually use the hardware features )) however, the current release
suffers from occasional micro-pauses in DVDs.

It really comes into its own with MPEG-2 HD tp/ts files which play back
flawlessly.

Old October 2nd 05, 07:07 PM
Carl

ta

Old October 2nd 05, 08:34 PM
Killa

Sharanga Dayananda wrote:
I've been using it since December. 'tis alright. The codecs are fussy and
the audio codecs don't work with anything other than WMP10 or MCE, producing
vanilla Pro Logic 1 for MPEG-2 clips and no sound for DVDs with other
players such as Zoom Player. However, when used with WMP10 everything works
fine.

The picture quality is excellent ( on par with PowerDVD and WinDVD ( which
can actually use the hardware features )) however, the current release
suffers from occasional micro-pauses in DVDs.

yeah me too, then I go into task manager or process explorer from
sysinternals and raise the priority to "high", which gets rid of them.

Old October 3rd 05, 11:26 PM
Ed Light

I must revise my statement.

Just got PowerDVD 6 OEM. Ran it stock - clarity was average. Enabled
hardware acceleration, "original" color profile. Much sharper. I think it's
using the nvDVD thingy.

The thing to do is try with and without the trial version installed.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\