How do I get this P5W DH to turn on when power is applied without the remote control installed?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 24th 06, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
William

Default How do I get this P5W DH to turn on when power is applied without the remote control installed?

When I first installed this P5W DH I installed everything. Then I started
to look at what I had running in the background, in the task bar, and what I
was likely to use.

So I started to disable things in the startup list, un-install things, and
turn off things in BIOS to improve the efficiency of the system, and get rid
of things I don't use.

Let me say, I really hate programs that install themselves in the auto-run
section of the registry and offer no way to turn themselves off.
Hate-hate-hate- a pox on your house. Is Easy CD/DVD creator and Nero
listening? Well, ASUS has a problem with this too.

The first time I used this remote control to setup the bios to start up when
power was applied, the program hosed my bios. I lost all video. No video
on boot up, no intro screen, nothing. However, I could hear the beeps and
sounds of Windows starting.

I had to reset the bios to regain video. Not happy. Out with the remote
control, and its programs.

Anyway, I have been unable to get this mobo to start up when power is
applied. I have set the bios for this, but nothing happens. Apparently I
must have the remote control software installed for this feature to work.
But, I don't want to install this software. What can I do?

William

NF325-A7 Biostar AMD 754 Processor Power On Problem David Sontag Homebuilt PC's 4 October 28th 06 10:00 PM
GW Power Supply Feedback RDBrimmer Gateway Computers 9 October 22nd 04 07:15 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia Videocards 336 November 27th 03 08:54 PM
deskjet 845 C ink Pascal Printers 2 November 17th 03 10:16 AM
How can I make motherboard to restart after power loss automatically? Amiran General 1 September 24th 03 11:35 PM