All printers stink

Old July 10th 08, 01:27 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default All printers stink

On Jul 9, 2:09*pm, TJ wrote:

When Art gives specific examples that refute your assertions, you say
he's "cherry-picking." Yet you make broad accusations without a shred of
example to back up your claims. Are you picking sour cherries, or do you
just like to rant?

Conclusion: You have no evidence, and Art has plenty. I believe Art.

TJ- Hide quoted text -

I have lots of evidence, .. unfortunately it's in the landfill ..
where it belongs.
Old July 10th 08, 01:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 3:33 pm, Michael Johnson wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 8, 12:06 am, Michael Johnson wrote:
I just don't see the reason for anyone to complain about cheap
printers
when there are plenty of models they can buy that will give the the
durability they desire. They just can't be cheapskates about forking
over the cash to acquire them. Like the old saying goes, "You get
what
you pay for"

?!
Cheap in quality too. Price don't matter. Headaches do. I have much
better things in life than returning printers each week. Life is too
short. My gripe is legit. Charge more printer mfgs, and get the
rinkles out (again).

I too admire a lot a things about today's printers, but not all,
especially things that don't work, yet worked ok in the past, simple
things like ink reliability and can it easily accept paper and send it
through without rinkles or completely jamming.

This gripe is mainly aimed at inkjets. I had/have no problems with HP
lasers as well as a few inkjets in the past .. as I said.

We have the following Canon printers: iP4000; MP780; i960; S520; i9100;
and an N2000. They are all working and the newest one is almost three
years old. They have never given us a minute of trouble except for a
very occasion minor head clog.

How occasional? Every time you use it? How often you use it/them? How
about the paper? It comes through every time wrinkle free. No down
time at all on any of these huh? I can lie too. Maybe my standards are
higher than yours.

The MP780 does duty in my home office
and has never once hiccuped for any task. The paper feeder (or anything
else for that matter) has never failed once in the 3 years I have had
it. I have a few HP LaseJets too that are working just fine for over
five years or more. The 2100M has a problem with feeding too many pages
through the manual feed tray but I don't use that feature much so it
hasn't been a major issue.

My gripe is mainly aimed at inkjets.

My point is that my PERSONAL experience is pretty much the exact
opposite of yours.

All the people in the printer return lines are exact opposite of
yours.
And all the open boxes, I'm just hallucinating.

I don't see myself as dodging bullets when it comes
to our printers. I think my experience is more typical of what the
average user encounters.

No one can know that.

I've gone through about almost dozen printers lately and none met my
standards and none were as good as some of the previous printers I
owned. What can I say. It's the truth.

Old July 10th 08, 01:50 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Michael Johnson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Due to the poor ink. Mine never clogs.
The MP780 does duty in my home office and has never once hiccuped for
any task. The paper feeder (or anything else for that matter) has
never failed once in the 3 years I have had it. I have a few HP
LaseJets too that are working just fine for over five years or more.
The 2100M has a problem with feeding too many pages through the manual
feed tray but I don't use that feature much so it hasn't been a major
issue.

My point is that my PERSONAL experience is pretty much the exact
opposite of yours. I don't see myself as dodging bullets when it
comes to our printers. I think my experience is more typical of what
the average user encounters.

Not really. The average user uses OEM ink.
Old July 10th 08, 02:08 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Since I've already been accused of being all over the map, what the
heck, another bad piece of hardware is wireless routers. I've tried
nearly a dozen already and not one worked. Linksys was the best and it
almost worked! And no, I'm not the only one complaining about them.
HALF (50%) of wireless routers at Frys were open boxes!!! I've tried
every brand name, so don't ask. Do companies release products half
baked? Jury is in. Yip.

Old July 10th 08, 02:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

wrote:
[...]

Pull the wild hair out of your ass. I'm telling the truth and if you
don't believe me then I really don't care. Never had a paper jam,
wrinkle or anything of the nature that I can remember. A clog might
occur once every 3 months. The i960, iP4000 and N2000 haven't clogged
in so long I can't remember the last time. We use the MP780, and iP4000
nearly every day. The rest are used several at least every week or
more. It has nothing to do with standards. The printers either serve
their purpose or they don't. Mine serve their purpose and do so reliably.

The MP780 does duty in my home office
and has never once hiccuped for any task. The paper feeder (or anything
else for that matter) has never failed once in the 3 years I have had
it. I have a few HP LaseJets too that are working just fine for over
five years or more. The 2100M has a problem with feeding too many pages
through the manual feed tray but I don't use that feature much so it
hasn't been a major issue.

My gripe is mainly aimed at inkjets.

Aside from the very occasional minor clog I have never had an inkjet die
on me. I'm sure it will happen one day but so far I can't complain.

My point is that my PERSONAL experience is pretty much the exact
opposite of yours.

All the people in the printer return lines are exact opposite of
yours.
And all the open boxes, I'm just hallucinating.

I don't stand in line to return printers so I can't say if what you
claim is true or not. Unreliable printers, inkjet or otherwise,
certainly isn't my experience. I don't think I am blessed by the
printer Gods or get the only few good printers that are sold.

I don't see myself as dodging bullets when it comes
to our printers. I think my experience is more typical of what the
average user encounters.

No one can know that.

Actually, someone does know it. It just isn't us, evidently.

I've gone through about almost dozen printers lately and none met my
standards and none were as good as some of the previous printers I
owned. What can I say. It's the truth.

That is YOUR truth. Going through a dozen printers just makes me think
you can never be satisfied. Either that or you are lying.
Old July 10th 08, 02:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

measekite wrote:

Michael Johnson wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Hey there Village Idiot, heads clog with OEM ink too. Otherwise why
would Canon have the print head cleaning feature in all their inkjet
printer software? My God you are stupid!

The MP780 does duty in my home office and has never once hiccuped for
any task. The paper feeder (or anything else for that matter) has
never failed once in the 3 years I have had it. I have a few HP
LaseJets too that are working just fine for over five years or more.
The 2100M has a problem with feeding too many pages through the manual
feed tray but I don't use that feature much so it hasn't been a major
issue.

My point is that my PERSONAL experience is pretty much the exact
opposite of yours. I don't see myself as dodging bullets when it
comes to our printers. I think my experience is more typical of what
the average user encounters.

Not really. The average user uses OEM ink.

The average user probably does use OEM ink but then their print heads
clog too. Why is that? I have an iP4000 and i960 using compatible inks
and I can't remember the last time they clogged. Go back to being our
village idiot. You're REALLY good at it.
Old July 10th 08, 02:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 6:11*pm, Michael Johnson wrote:
Pull the wild hair out of your ass. *I'm telling the truth and if you
don't believe me then I really don't care.

Love you're way of convincing! You've convinced me! Ease back charley.

My gripe is mainly aimed at inkjets.

Aside from the very occasional minor clog I have never had an inkjet die
on me. *I'm sure it will happen one day but so far I can't complain.

You never answered me. How often you use your miracle printers?

I don't stand in line to return printers so I can't say if what you
claim is true or not. *Unreliable printers, inkjet or otherwise,
certainly isn't my experience. *I don't think I am blessed by the
printer Gods or get the only few good printers that are sold.

Please list the model number of the best printer you have so I can
scout around to see if others agree. Make sure it is less than 3 years
old and you've used it enough to know it is truly good. TIA.

I've gone through about almost dozen printers lately and none met my
standards and none were as good as some of the previous printers I
owned. What can I say. It's the truth.

That is YOUR truth.

Why was each printer mfg'd by hand and thus different? And what bout
the hundreds of thousands of other people who've returned these
losers?

*Going through a dozen printers just makes me think
you can never be satisfied. *Either that or you are lying.

Neither, they just suck. Sorry that doesn't sit well with you. Can't
something be bad? Maybe your standards are very shallow.
Old July 10th 08, 02:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jul 9, 6:18*pm, Michael Johnson wrote:
wrote:
Since I've already been accused of being all over the map, what the
heck, another bad piece of hardware is wireless routers. I've tried
nearly a dozen already and not one worked. Linksys was the best and it
almost worked! And no, I'm not the only one complaining about them.
HALF (50%) of wireless routers at Frys were open boxes!!! I've tried
every brand name, so don't ask. Do companies release products half
baked? Jury is in. Yip.

You need to go back to using carrier pigeons.

And so you agree? Pessimist!