Edius 6.08 and the new Nvidia driver problem. help!

Old December 18th 12, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Edius 6.08 and the new Nvidia driver problem. help!

Hi, I use Edius 6.08 for video editing with NVIDIA 470 video card and
Win 7 x64. Today I have installed the new driver of Nvidia, it is:
310.70-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql
and now I have many problems with Edius. On other words, when I open
Edius and above all "Print to file" it shows a strange windows. It is
gray almost white and with many illegible words. When I click with
mouse on those words illegible words, them appear. Why do I get this
problem? I have unistalled Nvidia driver and installed it again but
the problem is the same. Is it better I unistall Edius and install it
again or is better to replace the new driver with the older one?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Old December 18th 12, 11:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

wrote:
Hi, I use Edius 6.08 for video editing with NVIDIA 470 video card and
Win 7 x64. Today I have installed the new driver of Nvidia, it is:
310.70-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql
and now I have many problems with Edius. On other words, when I open
Edius and above all "Print to file" it shows a strange windows. It is
gray almost white and with many illegible words. When I click with
mouse on those words illegible words, them appear. Why do I get this
problem? I have unistalled Nvidia driver and installed it again but
the problem is the same. Is it better I unistall Edius and install it
again or is better to replace the new driver with the older one?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Look for an option in the Device Manager entry for the
video card, that says "roll back driver". That will return
you to the working driver.

"Roll Back Driver" is the third button down.

http://i.technet.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC98120.gif

Roll back, works for one level only. If you had an old driver,
then installed 310.70, you can return to the old driver, but
cannot go back any further in time to an even older driver.
This feature is not "infinite undo" or anything.

System Restore is another option, but you have to be
careful with that, especially if you haven't configured it
properly.

And doing backups on C:, is yet another way to clean up
a mess. You can restore from the last good backup you did,
where everything was working nicely.

Paul