your motherboard

Old September 21st 03, 04:08 PM
redbuffalo003

Default your motherboard

Dear Andy: I have had a few of the kt7s5a motherboards by ECS. I think they
have had some bad batches. I ended up returning mine for replacements.
Currently have the pro version, but only as a backup. I ended up putting
some more money down and got the Lanparty motherboard and am using it with a
1.3 ghz Athlon processor, doing pretty good, much better than the ecs board.
My advice, spend most of your money on the motherboard and go from there. I
learned the hard way.
Sincerely,
RedFrom: "Andy Scott"
Subject: ECS K7S5A Pro
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2003 4:36 AM

Hi,

I recently built a system for my cousin. The system consists of an AMD
2400+, ECS K7S5A Pro motherboard, 512 PC2100 DDR memory, and a PNY Geforce
FX 5200 128 mb DDR. After no less then two weeks of using the system my
cousin called my and stated the computer would not boot up. This was so bad
to point it would not even boot to safe mode, or run the Windows XP setup
from the boot CD. If I tried to boot to Windows XP it would display the
Windows XP splash screen with the progress bar and not too long after the
progress bar would completely stop moving. I went to their home and tried
three different components. I tried a new video card, then new memory, and
finally tried another motherboard of the same make and model (ECS K7S5A
Pro). Well it turned out it was the motherboard after trying each of the
components. So its been almost three months later and I just was notified
that it is doing the same thing again. I am probably going to just get a
different type of motherboard. I will now have motherboards that need to be
returned to the OEM.

I have never seen anything like this before,and I have no idea what is
causing the issue. If anyone has seen this issue, or has any suggestions I
would greatly appreciate it.

andy scott