Will GA-8PE667 Ultra take DDR400?

Old August 20th 03, 12:00 PM
Danny

Default Will GA-8PE667 Ultra take DDR400?

Just checking if this motherboard is happy with PC3200?
What combinations are safe?

Old August 20th 03, 04:26 PM
Danny

"Jim Kent" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:00:39 +0100, "Danny"
wrote:

Just checking if this motherboard is happy with PC3200?
What combinations are safe?

I have a stick of OCZ 3200 Premium 512MB running in mine. Don't
expect the board to run at 400MHz no matter what you install in it.

So what FSB you at? I was hoping to put the memory bus to 400 and have the
divider put the fsb at standard settings.

Best you'll do with expensive memory is to reduce your timings.

I've been recommended TwinMOS.

Compared to generic 3-7-7 memory, the OCZ 5-2-2 increases memory
bandwidth somewhere around 10% according to memtest readings. Stuff
ain't cheap, 'tho, with increasing memory prices lately.

1GB will set me back £150 or so.

Old August 20th 03, 07:53 PM
Rene Lamontagne

wrote:

Just checking if this motherboard is happy with PC3200?
What combinations are safe?

I have a stick of OCZ 3200 Premium 512MB running in mine. Don't
expect the board to run at 400MHz no matter what you install in it.

So what FSB you at? I was hoping to put the memory bus to 400 and have the
divider put the fsb at standard settings.

Best you'll do with expensive memory is to reduce your timings.

I've been recommended TwinMOS.

Compared to generic 3-7-7 memory, the OCZ 5-2-2 increases memory
bandwidth somewhere around 10% according to memtest readings. Stuff
ain't cheap, 'tho, with increasing memory prices lately.

1GB will set me back £150 or so.

I am running a 512meg stick of OCZ DDR3500EL at 418 on this MB, 2,2,5,7.
FSB is 167 using a Pent 4 2.4B/533 running at 3,006.
I can go a little higher but some games get flakey so I leave it at 167,

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Old August 21st 03, 02:02 AM
Rene Lamontagne

"Danny" wrote in message

I am running a 512meg stick of OCZ DDR3500EL at 418 on this MB,

2,2,5,7.
FSB is 167 using a Pent 4 2.4B/533 running at 3,006.
I can go a little higher but some games get flakey so I leave it at

167,

Nice.

Yes, I am quite happy with this system, running 4 HDs in raid0 and it is
reaaly fast, This is my first Gigabyte board and it Ran like a dream from
day one, I have had it for about 8 months and nary a problem.
My next MB will definately be a Gigabyte again. it sure has great features.

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Old August 21st 03, 06:56 AM
Slash

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:02:32 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne"
scribbled:

Yes, I am quite happy with this system, running 4 HDs in raid0 and it is
reaaly fast, This is my first Gigabyte board and it Ran like a dream from
day one, I have had it for about 8 months and nary a problem.
My next MB will definately be a Gigabyte again. it sure has great features.

Out of curiosity, are you able to do a warm or cold reboot? If you do
a windows shutdown, or hit the reset button, does it POST and boot
again? My 8PE667 Ultra is really picky... if I overclock past about
2600MHz (P4 2.4B), I can't reset - I have to power down and then power
up again each time. Really annoying...

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion
Old August 21st 03, 01:11 PM
Rene Lamontagne

"Slash" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:02:32 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne"
scribbled:

Yes, I am quite happy with this system, running 4 HDs in raid0 and it is
reaaly fast, This is my first Gigabyte board and it Ran like a dream from
day one, I have had it for about 8 months and nary a problem.
My next MB will definately be a Gigabyte again. it sure has great

features.

Out of curiosity, are you able to do a warm or cold reboot? If you do
a windows shutdown, or hit the reset button, does it POST and boot
again? My 8PE667 Ultra is really picky... if I overclock past about
2600MHz (P4 2.4B), I can't reset - I have to power down and then power
up again each time. Really annoying...

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"
-The Onion

Yes, it reboots fine warm or cold and on reset, never any problems on
booting at all, BTW I am using an Enermax 431 watt PSU and am using the
stock Intel HS and fan with Arctic Sivver III, Altough I did not see much
difference between Generic heat compound and AS III. My idle temp is 39 deg
C and full load running prime 95 is 54 deg C.

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Old August 22nd 03, 02:47 AM
Slash

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:11:03 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne"
scribbled:

Yes, it reboots fine warm or cold and on reset, never any problems on
booting at all, BTW I am using an Enermax 431 watt PSU and am using the
stock Intel HS and fan with Arctic Sivver III, Altough I did not see much
difference between Generic heat compound and AS III. My idle temp is 39 deg
C and full load running prime 95 is 54 deg C.

--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

I guess it's a quirk of my board. Works fine at stock speed, but
where's the fun in that?

I use a Vantec Ion 400W PS, but trying a Vantec 420W Stealth, 520W
Stealth or Antec 300W PS didn't change anything. I try to keep my
computer on 24/7, so it's not too annoying, but I usually like to have
everything working smoothly. :P

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"