Radeon 7500 and Star Wars Pod Racer

Old August 17th 03, 10:56 PM
Jerry

Default Radeon 7500 and Star Wars Pod Racer

Hello Everyone,

After seeing it on the discount shelf at Compusa, I decided to buy a
copy of Star Wars Pod Racer. It installed fine on my Windows XP
system, and it ran fine the first two or three times I played it. The
fourth time I played it, the video stopped running. I get the intro
movies, but once I get into the selection screen, the video completely
dies. I can hear the menu selections que up when I move the mouse or
joypad, but I get no video. The weird thing is, this is the only
program this problem happens with. I've uninstalled and reinstalled
multiple times, but there has still been no change.

Here are my system stats:
Epox 4PEAD motherboard
Pentium 4 1.7Ghz w/256MB 2100 DDR
Syntax Radeon 7500 64MB w\driver 6.14.0010.6368
800x600 display
Windows XP SP1 Build 2600
DirectX 9.0b all accelerations are on.

Like I said, all of my other games work fine, including Force
Commander, Xwing Alliance, and Need For Speed 4 and 5. Anybody have
any suggestions?

Linwood Foster
--
Linwood Foster,
3 of 10, Rec.Games.Mecha Moderation Team