Canon Users - Do You Believe????

Old November 18th 05, 01:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Users - Do You Believe????

WHAT A MESS AND A GREAT BIG CHORE

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

Ron,
I was reading somewhere when refilling it's better to leave standing
for 24 hours prior to using and yet I read you insert them straight
away.

Obviously you fill the tanks nice and slow to avoid getting air into
them and not to over fill, be glad if you clarified the above after
filling as to leaving them to settle.

Davy

I use a large (about 1/8") hole, much larger than the needle, and inject
into the open compartment in Canon cartridge (not the foam or fiber
filled one), so I don't add any pressure to the cartridge. I always
refill as soon as I get a low ink warning (from the prism), so the foam
is still saturated with ink. I only wait long enough (1 minute or so) to
be sure the hot glue has sealed the hole, then untape vent and output
holes, make sure it is not leaking, then re-insert. Total time out of
printer is usually about 2 minutes, if I'm quick. I don't think the
printer even knows I've done it (grin)! This applies to my Canon i960
that I've been filling for about a year, and it is really easy to do.
Previously I was refilling a Lexmark for about 4 years, and it required
lots of patience and sometimes a little voodoo, injecting directly into
the foam. The Canon is really a no-brainer, since you can see exactly
what you are doing. It's more "topping off" the clear reservoir than
anything.

Old November 19th 05, 10:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

Soaking the print head "out of the printer" sometimes works with a
blocked head, but not always, use the same stuff you clean CD's with,
leave overnight, dry and try again.

Old November 19th 05, 11:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Actually micropiezos are more tollerant to different media... it's
those pesky thermal technologies that depend on chemistry... or rather
the rate that a liquid turns into a gas... that are more fickle. But
all of this is accidemic as most if not all consumer based inkjets are
primarly water based.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !

Show me where *anyone* expressly says this in the fine print.
Seriously... under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act if use of consumables
is a prerequisite for warranty coverage then they must provide these
consumables *for free* during the warranty period. Seriously if you
can actually quote anyone who officaly says third-party ink voids the
warranty I'm buying that printer... and i'll make damn sure I get my
year of free ink.

I have seen the following

"Canon has more engineers dedicated to creating quality ink for
providing the best results for output on Bubble Jet printers than any
other organization. Canon does not prohibit the use of third-party inks
and the use of third-party inks does not invalidate the product's
limited warranty. However, Canon cannot guarantee the quality or
performance of your printer when you are using inks from other
suppliers."
Source: "Canon BJC-6000 Series Users Manual"

It's no more a modification than putting Pennzoil in your car when it
shipped from the factory with Quakerstate or Castrol. This saw was put
into place so the manufacturer couldn't put their label on someone
else's oil and sell it more more and threaten to void the warranty if
you use someone else's oil. It's a good law. Now if for example that
can say for certain the damage was caused by the 3rd party ink... they
could deny warranty coverage... but this is very very very tough to
prove.

Now you can say buying into a printer is buying into a system of inks
and paper that are designed to work well together. This is true. You
can also say that ink that runs $23 to $50/oz might be better than ink
that runs at $2.50 to $5.00/oz. But whether it's worth it or not is up
to the user... given you save 90% and it doesn't automaticly void the
warranty and you had to shell out for another printer after the 3rd
refill... it still tends to cost less than OEM ink. Might not be worth
it to you but it certainly is to me.

Old November 20th 05, 12:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:
Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

None of the above is true.
Frank
Old November 20th 05, 01:17 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"digisol" wrote in message
m...
Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

(snip)

Digisol - I've been using MIS bulk inks in my Canon i960 printers for more
than a year. Excellent color balance, prints comparable (side-by-side same
file print comparison), no clogs or malfunctions, and about one dollar per
cart refill as compared to OEM prices of about $12 per cart. Even at Costco
prices of about $9 per cart that's a real difference in cost. AND costco
doesn't have all the ink colors for my printer on the store shelf. The "few
lousy dollars" I've saved would buy me at least two more new printers of the
same quality as the i960 when mine self destruct. It's a no-brainer as far
as I'm concerned.

Old November 20th 05, 01:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"FB" wrote in message news:2dPff.446$4v.424@fed1read03...
digisol wrote:
Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

None of the above is true.
Frank

Frank - Could this be another Mousetripe alias?

Old November 20th 05, 02:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

None of the above is true.
Frank

Frank - Could this be another Mousetripe alias?

I don't think he has that much brain power. I do know his ISP has been
all over his stuck-on-stupid ass and are threatening to disco his dumb
ass if he continues to violate their rules. The big violation was
copyright infringement of his changing others postings. He also will
usurp (plagiarize) articles and post them without acknowledging the real
author. You can always spot this when it happens because it is not in
all caps and usually has some (not always) intelligent though behind it.
If you want to complain to his ISP use his email address:

They are really sick and tired of his bull****.
Frank
Old November 20th 05, 03:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

digisol wrote:

Nope, never, it's not worth a print head to use cheap ink, especially
with Epson printers, Canon seen to be able to take the cheap ink
better but for a few lousy dollars, buy the genuine stuff.

Most printer warranties are voided with the use of any non genuine
ink, some is better than others, plus it's classed as a modification
to the printer and voids the warranty immediately, if
ya don't beleive it, read the fine print !
Canon print heads are worth more than a new later model printer, so
when they don't work just buy another.

None of the above is true.
Frank

Frank - Could this be another Mousetripe alias?

Several people in this newsgroup came to this conclusion long ago.

-Taliesyn