GA-8Iexp - Can't get rid of a pair of unknown devices

Old September 12th 03, 06:24 AM
Colin Johnson

Default GA-8Iexp - Can't get rid of a pair of unknown devices

Hi all

I've got the Gigabyte GA8Iexp mobo, and there's a pair of unknown
devices I can't get rid of no matter what I try. I've installed all
the drivers provided (as far as I am aware), including the latest
Intel chipset drivers. My Windows XP install is also fully updated.

The two devices are listed as 'Unknown device', and Device Manager
states their location as:

"on Intel(R) 82801DB LPC Interface Controller - 24C0 "

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Colin Johnson
Old September 12th 03, 07:13 AM
Muttley

Just guessing, but probably is the Winbond SmartCard and Secure
Digital/MemoryStick interfaces...

John S.

Old September 13th 03, 12:35 PM
TouchStone

"Muttley" wrote in message
: Just guessing, but probably is the Winbond SmartCard and Secure
: Digital/MemoryStick interfaces...
:
: John S.
:

....which you can disable in the 8IEXP's BIOS...