How would you interpret this cd quality check???

Old January 2nd 05, 01:54 PM
mike

Default How would you interpret this cd quality check???

I've been experimenting with ultra speed cdrw.
Nero CDSpeed CD Quality Check is giving me greatly
different results depending on how I set the maximum box.

This was Memorex 24X media recorded at 24X Liteon LTR52327S VQS0C
Here's the most bizarre to date.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/cdrw.jpg
WTF??? What conclusions should I draw from that?

mike
--
Return address is VALID.
Wanted, Slot 1 Motherboard

Old January 2nd 05, 03:15 PM
nospam

I would try again with the current v3.61 from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Old January 4th 05, 02:25 AM
BF

mike wrote:
I've been experimenting with ultra speed cdrw.
Nero CDSpeed CD Quality Check is giving me greatly
different results depending on how I set the maximum box.

This was Memorex 24X media recorded at 24X Liteon LTR52327S VQS0C
Here's the most bizarre to date.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/cdrw.jpg
WTF??? What conclusions should I draw from that?

mike

Maybe that media can't handel 24X.
Old January 4th 05, 03:17 AM
Noik

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 05:54:32 -0800, mike wrote:

I've been experimenting with ultra speed cdrw.
Nero CDSpeed CD Quality Check is giving me greatly
different results depending on how I set the maximum box.

This was Memorex 24X media recorded at 24X Liteon LTR52327S VQS0C
Here's the most bizarre to date.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/cdrw.jpg
WTF??? What conclusions should I draw from that?

That things are going *very* poorly for you. Below is a test with
that same drive with media that I'm not really thrilled with (but this
particular disk turned out a little better than average). But, that's
with CDR, not CDRW; I'm not sure how much difference that makes.
You might try a slower burn speed, and you could update your
firmware. I got the runaround the last time I tried to download
firmware from Liteon, but I found that this URL works for the latest
firmware. Which I haven't used, I'm one update behind. I'm into "If it
ain't broke, don't fix it", but I had a go at updating to see if it
would help with the Prodisc media.
http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/WebFW/LT.../R52QS0E5A.zip
Or you could try different media. I don't know anything about
Infodisc, but Memorex have a generally poor reputation with the stuff
they sell.

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON LTR-52327S
Firmwa QS0E
Disc: Data CD (Prodisc)
Selected speed: Maximum
C1 errors
Maximum: 10
Average: 0.33
Total: 1582
C2 errors
Maximum: 0
Average: 0.00
Total: 0

Old January 4th 05, 04:59 AM
mike

You guys are missing the point completely.
Look at the speed vs time graph.
It shows mulitple speeds for the same time point.
What it's plotting is IMPOSSIBLE. Looks more like
a celibrity signature.

I used to trust cdspeed to tell me what was going
on with my cd burns. Seems to be getting more unstable
and bizarre with every release.

Previous upgrade started reporting 40,000 C2 errors at
the beginning of the disk. Restart and it gives zero.
probably not clearing the cache.
Now this.

mike

Old January 5th 05, 02:34 AM
Noik

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:59:56 -0800, mike wrote:

Previous upgrade started reporting 40,000 C2 errors at
the beginning of the disk. Restart and it gives zero.
probably not clearing the cache.
Now this.

Try CDDoctor at http://www.ucatv.ne.jp/~miyuri.sky/ . I'm using a
later beta than what appears there now, not sure what the deal with
that is. Its not exactly the most stable program in the world, but it
seems to work OK (only for Sanyo and Liteon drives). The password for
the enclosed .zip is in the readme.txt file.

Joe