Buydig / Beech Camera

Old May 14th 05, 07:00 AM
Oliver Costich

On Fri, 13 May 2005 21:34:54 GMT, "Tony" wrote:

I'm using my real name, and along with several other REAL people have had
the local troll publish my address and phone number on this forum. If you
are too lazy to check out my website - that is YOUR problem, not mine.
You are the one who is simply a screen name and could be working for
anyone.

And anyone can put up a website and put anything on it. You're just
too stupid to get it. You don't have a corner on truth. You only have
opinions and can't support most of those with any kind of logic or
evidence.

Old May 14th 05, 07:06 AM
Oliver Costich

On Fri, 13 May 2005 21:41:02 GMT, "Tony" wrote:

Well - we all now know what sort of web weasel we are dealing with in you.
If you had taken the time to read the Camera-ist's Manifesto you would
have seen the article on buying from mail order shops. Knowledge of the
stores selling the equipment is one of the side benefits of nearly 4
decades of photography. As I said. My credentials are public - while you are
apparently a major loser with an ax to grind.

Your credentials are what you post on your website so hardly any kind
of certification. I have seen the articles on buyin from mail order
(and web) sites. I have also been buying from them with no significant
problems since the 60s. Unlike you, I don't hold that out as proof of
anything. It's just my experience and it being due simply to good luck
is just as rare a probability as having lots of bad experiences.

Only someone who has no real logical position that is supportred by
any evidence needs to resort to the level of puffery you've displayed
here.

Old May 14th 05, 04:58 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Oliver Costich" wrote in message

Yes. And on this issue, he's simply prejudiced. He has no evidence of
his claims.

If I hadn't purchased from buydig prior to learning that they were part of
Beach, I probably would still be warning people about Beach 12 years after I
had a bad experience with them. I'm still boycotting Pepsi thirty years
after they did some bad things!

The fact is that this is one of the rare cases where a crappy retailer
actually became a good one. Looking at ResellerRatings, looking at all the
people who have recommended them, and my own personal experiences (and those
of colleagues), are sufficicent evidence.

I make money from people clicking through on my web site, to buy from Amazon
and Adorama, but I still always recommend that they check prices at Buydig.

Old May 14th 05, 09:34 PM
Tony

Unlike you - I am not some anonymous ass who may very well be lying to
cover up his employment at a dishonest camera store. You don't even exist,
save as a name on usenet posts Olive - you are nothing, a loser, a dead
space in the web of life.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old May 14th 05, 09:36 PM
Tony

But my opinions are "informed" while your opinions might very well be paid
for. You are NO MAN. You are a complete nothing, a fabrication of either
your own imagination or that of your employer. You have no cred Olly - you
are a zed.

Old May 14th 05, 09:44 PM
Tony

There are at least two England Tonys who have been posting on the camera
forums for several years now.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

"Ron Cohen" wrote in message
From reading postings from Tony (the other one), it appears he is located

in
either the UK or possibly down under.
.
"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Nope - no dual personality. I have no idea who the other Tony is - it

is
not an uncommon first name. My signature is (or should be) unique to me,
however as I doubt anyone else would want to advertise my website..

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

"Burt" wrote in message
m...
I just realized that myself. Either that or we have an example of

"dual
personality"!

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
There appears to be two different Tony's here, you and another, and

the
other Tony has printer and ink experience. He posts without a

visible
email address, so it appears there has been some confusion of some
people's parts here.

Art

Tony wrote:

I don't know who claims I'm in the ink business as he is killfiled.

would
suspect it is the usual troll with another bit of dis-information. I

have
worked in a couple print shops - but not in the last 30 years.
The person you say helps a lot of people with printer problems is
not
me,
as I know little of any printer other than my own 6 year old Epson.

Old May 14th 05, 10:19 PM
Oliver Costich

On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:58:17 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
wrote:

"Oliver Costich" wrote in message

Yes. And on this issue, he's simply prejudiced. He has no evidence of
his claims.

If I hadn't purchased from buydig prior to learning that they were part of
Beach, I probably would still be warning people about Beach 12 years after I
had a bad experience with them. I'm still boycotting Pepsi thirty years
after they did some bad things!

That's OK if there are enough equally endowed substitutes around.
Things do change, however, and need to be re-evaluated from time to
time.

The fact is that this is one of the rare cases where a crappy retailer
actually became a good one. Looking at ResellerRatings, looking at all the
people who have recommended them, and my own personal experiences (and those
of colleagues), are sufficicent evidence.

Reseller ratings? Don'tcha that they are bogus (according to Tony who
has not a shred of evidence).

Old May 14th 05, 10:22 PM
Oliver Costich

On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:34:21 GMT, "Tony" wrote:

Unlike you - I am not some anonymous ass who may very well be lying to
cover up his employment at a dishonest camera store. You don't even exist,
save as a name on usenet posts Olive - you are nothing, a loser, a dead
space in the web of life.

I'm hardly anonymous. I use my real name and anyone with even a shred
of evidence could find out that I do exist. I have never worked at any
comera store. You're just a pompous, arrogant ass who is too lazy to
do anything to back up your own drivel.

Old May 14th 05, 10:22 PM
Oliver Costich

On Sat, 14 May 2005 09:43:40 GMT, measekite
wrote:

So you are not Tony da Tiger?

Tony wrote:

Well - we all now know what sort of web weasel we are dealing with in you.
If you had taken the time to read the Camera-ist's Manifesto you would
have seen the article on buying from mail order shops. Knowledge of the
stores selling the equipment is one of the side benefits of nearly 4
decades of photography. As I said. My credentials are public - while you are
apparently a major loser with an ax to grind.

Tony da Tiger doesn't have mispelled words on his website.