WTD: Photo printer recomendations

Old December 30th 04, 06:05 PM
Stevie Boy

Default WTD: Photo printer recomendations

I'm looking for a photo printer whether a PC one that uses ink jet
technology that will allow bigger than the 6x4 prints or a stand alone unit
that is specific for Digital cameras which use Dye sublimation technology
and only allow 6x4 max prints.

I've been looking at the Sony DPP-EX50 for no specific reason other than it
looks good uses Dye sub technology and has a image display panel.

I do not want to spend the earth on the unit and was thinking of a max of
£200... less if poss.

I currently own a Canon 300D and A60 so I don't know if photo printers are
capable of showing up the differences between the two, more so if I went
further up the ladder.

Steve

Old December 30th 04, 07:01 PM
Jimbob

Stevie Boy wrote:
I'm looking for a photo printer whether a PC one that uses ink jet
technology that will allow bigger than the 6x4 prints or a stand
alone unit that is specific for Digital cameras which use Dye
sublimation technology and only allow 6x4 max prints.

I've been looking at the Sony DPP-EX50 for no specific reason other
than it looks good uses Dye sub technology and has a image display
panel.

I do not want to spend the earth on the unit and was thinking of a
max of £200... less if poss.

I currently own a Canon 300D and A60 so I don't know if photo
printers are capable of showing up the differences between the two,
more so if I went further up the ladder.

I just got an Epson Stylus R300. It does excellent Photo prints @ 6*4. Havnt
tried Full size but can't see why not.

At £85 you can't complain.

Oh it also reads and prints digicam mem cards too, without the need for a
PC.

HTH

Old December 30th 04, 11:37 PM
chaosfury

I suggest the PIXMA iP4000. It would be perfect compliment to your
cameras and its print amazing photos edge to edge. It can print can
4x6, 5x7 and 8 1/2 x 11 or A4 in Europe. It is around $180 Cdn. Not
sure how much in Europe but it should be more than that.

Old December 31st 04, 01:50 AM
Hecate

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:56:23 GMT, "Safetymom123"
wrote:

You might want to take a look at the Epson Picture Mate.

....and then walk away hurriedly in case you're tempted to buy the
dog...

--

Hecate - The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
Old December 31st 04, 02:17 AM
Safetymom123

It prints beautiful 4x6 photos that are water resistant and smudge proof.
If you need something larger then this wouldn't be the printer. No need to
walk away.

Old January 1st 05, 02:30 AM
Hecate

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:17:06 GMT, "Safetymom123"
wrote:

It prints beautiful 4x6 photos that are water resistant and smudge proof.
If you need something larger then this wouldn't be the printer. No need to
walk away.

I haven't seen one review that gives it a good write up, and doesn't
prefer other printers of the same type to the Epson.

--

Hecate - The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
Old January 1st 05, 05:55 PM
Safetymom123

Do you believe everything that you read? Some of these reviews I don't
think they ever read the manual.

I have one and it does great pictures. I know lots of satisfied Picture
Mate users.

Old January 2nd 05, 04:57 AM
Caitlin

wrote:

It prints beautiful 4x6 photos that are water resistant and smudge proof.
If you need something larger then this wouldn't be the printer. No need
walk away.

I haven't seen one review that gives it a good write up, and doesn't
prefer other printers of the same type to the Epson.

--

Hecate - The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

I know nothing at all about this model, but your post got me curious so I
googled reviews of this printer. They all seem to be very positive, so I
don't know where you've been reading!?

Old January 2nd 05, 11:38 AM
Stevie Boy

I know nothing at all about this model, but your post got me curious so I
googled reviews of this printer. They all seem to be very positive, so I
don't know where you've been reading!?

Likewise, given the mixed views on photo printers I have in various groups
it looks best if I do my own research.... Clearly nearly all photo printers
do a good job it's just a case of which is right for me and which I feel
prints more accurately.

Steve