P3B-F AGP + sapphire atlantis radeon 9800 pro

Old June 2nd 04, 05:50 PM
Zulky

Default P3B-F AGP + sapphire atlantis radeon 9800 pro

Hi,

I've bought the videocard described above for my future ASUSTeK P4C800-E
Deluxe (Intel i875P).

In the meantime I mind myself if I may put it on my old P3B-F.

On ATI website it said that the sapphire radeon 9800 PRO is AGP 2x/4x/8x
compatible but on the sapphire box I've read AGP 4x/8x or universal AGP 3.0
bus configuration...

So i'm a bit confused, will that board fit my old P3B-F or not?

Thanks a lot
Old June 2nd 04, 07:00 PM
Roland Scheidegger

Zulky wrote:
Hi,

I've bought the videocard described above for my future ASUSTeK P4C800-E
Deluxe (Intel i875P).

In the meantime I mind myself if I may put it on my old P3B-F.

On ATI website it said that the sapphire radeon 9800 PRO is AGP 2x/4x/8x
compatible but on the sapphire box I've read AGP 4x/8x or universal AGP 3.0
bus configuration...

So i'm a bit confused, will that board fit my old P3B-F or not?

It will fit, since 9800Pro indeed are keyed for 3.3V (AGP 1.0, "2x") -
at least those I've seen, if not you'll figure it out easily. However,
support for AGP 1.0 is somewhat unofficial, your mileage may vary.
Chances are it will run just fine. (One caveat though, it will not
tolerate overlocked AGP more than 72Mhz or so, so forget running a p3b-f
at 133Mhz FSB.)

Roland
Old June 2nd 04, 07:56 PM
Zulky

So I'll swap my old GeforceII asap.

I've a P600@800Mhz

Thanks a lot

Old June 2nd 04, 08:29 PM
Roland Scheidegger

Well, if you have a P3-600@800 then you're likely running it at 133Mhz
FSB (unless you have an engeneering sample which can change multiplier).
So forget that, unless you downclock it again to 600-650Mhz...

Old June 3rd 04, 01:38 PM
Zulky

I've downclock it to 618 since i've got a crash a 650Mhz after 30mn.

Thanks again for your advice