Best card for.....

Old January 30th 05, 07:38 PM
George Mooth

Default Best card for.....

I have a system that's running XP Pro SP2, 512 Mem, Athlon
XP1900+. Right now I have a TNT2 64 video card and it's
great for most things I do. I'd like to start doing more online
movie watching. What would be a good upgrade for my TNT2?

Maybe one of you has what I need sitting around gathering
dust. G If so let me know.

Thank you,

Old January 30th 05, 08:45 PM
Veritech

I had a geforce 2mx 440 for about 6 months before it failed, worked nicely
for me, not too expensive. But i would recommend a Geforce FX5200 really
cheap and great with older games.

Old January 30th 05, 09:33 PM
YanquiDawg

No!The 5200 is slow as ****.

Old January 30th 05, 11:18 PM
MJP

"George Mooth" wrote in message

I have a system that's running XP Pro SP2, 512 Mem, Athlon
XP1900+. Right now I have a TNT2 64 video card and it's
great for most things I do. I'd like to start doing more online
movie watching. What would be a good upgrade for my TNT2?

Maybe one of you has what I need sitting around gathering
dust. G If so let me know.

Thank you,

Depends on your budget but something like a secondhand geforce 4200, 4600
are much better value than something like an FX5200 for roughly the same
price.

Old January 31st 05, 01:44 AM
farmuse

no runs fine all the way up to Call of Duty with high res and high
detail, for the money they run fine. My other card is an X800 pro so I
know what good looks like ha ha

No!The 5200 is slow as ****.

Old January 31st 05, 06:05 AM
Mac Cool

George Mooth:

I'd like to start doing more online
movie watching. What would be a good upgrade for my TNT2?

Just for watching movies...
Radeon 7000 or 9200SE
Geforce MX4xxx or 5200

--
Mac Cool

Old January 31st 05, 03:17 PM
Lachoneus

Just for watching movies...
Radeon 7000 or 9200SE
Geforce MX4xxx or 5200

Yep, like he said.........for movies........great cards

Avoid the MX4000; many of them have crippled 32-bit (!) memory busses,
which wouldn't be much faster than your existing TNT2 M64. You don't
need a powerful GPU to play movies, but (relatively) fast video memory
couldn't hurt, especially if you run at higher screen resolutions.