Refresh Rate problem when in some "OpenGL" Game!! Please help...

Old September 11th 03, 02:07 PM
TORN

Default Refresh Rate problem when in some "OpenGL" Game!! Please help...

Hi all,
why when i play some OpenGL game , (Like Quake3, Star Wars Jedi Knight -
Jedi Academy,Call of Duty Single Player Demo,) the Refresh Rate will no stay
at "85hertz" ( look like 60or 70, because the display only look best at 85
due to my setting on the monitor. and when go in to the game, the picture
can't display all in the view area!!) even i set all res to 85 in the nvidia
"Refresh Rate override" the problem still there.
any there are not any Refresh Rate problem when play any "D3d" game like:
Enclav,SplinterCell, MidNightClub2,NFS-HP,MM9,TRON2.0,Diablo2....)
please help...thanks..

my system :
AMD T-b 2400+ 133*15
Abit KR7A-Raid Bios CX
768 mbDDR333( 512+256)
Leadtek Winfast FX 5900 THD MyVIVO 128mb
WinXP pro SP1
Philips 107P @ 1024x768 x32bx85hertz
Maxtor 80G 7200rpm 2mb
Detonator FX v44.03
Via 3in1 4.48
Audigy2

Old September 11th 03, 08:14 PM

You are correct. If you are running Windows XP your refresh rate will stay
at 60 hertz for Open GL games. This will also occur with Direct X games if
you do not have Direct X 9.0 and SP1 installed. Using the tool on this
webpage should help you to resolve the Open GL refresh rate problem in
Windows XP.

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

regards

Old September 11th 03, 10:01 PM
Shep©

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:07:08 +0800, In this world we created "TORN"
wrote :

[...]

Rivatuner,
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
has a built in 60 Hz XP fix and can set custom refresh rates.
Power user Tab/Refresh rates
and info here,
http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/...709_1463741__8
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,
Old September 11th 03, 11:23 PM
Baron Von Black

Hi all,
why when i play some OpenGL game , (Like Quake3, Star Wars Jedi Knight -
Jedi Academy,Call of Duty Single Player Demo,) the Refresh Rate will no

stay
at "85hertz" ( look like 60or 70, because the display only look best at

85
due to my setting on the monitor. and when go in to the game, the picture
can't display all in the view area!!) even i set all res to 85 in the

nvidia
"Refresh Rate override" the problem still there.
any there are not any Refresh Rate problem when play any "D3d" game like:
Enclav,SplinterCell, MidNightClub2,NFS-HP,MM9,TRON2.0,Diablo2....)
please help...thanks..

regards OpenGL & D3D games under XP I found if you goto the Monitor tab
of your display properties and manually set the refresh rate there I get the
correct
refresh rates in my games.

Just been playing both Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy and Call of Duty
Single Player Demo's
@ 100Hz on my iiyama monitor.

NO powerstrip or other refresh fix software installed.

Old September 13th 03, 01:06 AM
Ricky

I had no idea.
Thanks for the link.